The re-branding of caravans

Most of which is spent trundling.

obviously your not going as fast as a car, but those who you say at 'trundling' are also likely those going that speed anyway. I'll be at the speed limit the whole time.

Me mate used to take his all over but left it in France, they put it in storage over there and use it for 3 weeks in the summer, obviously can't this year.
We hired a car and drove up from the Costa Brava one year, it's a canny site but I did a week here and there in statics when the kids were young and that was enough for me.

Sound decent. Furthest I've towed is down to Silverstone. It was one of the wetting F1 races ever and we were very glad for the dry place to sit and drink.

and the rest for some
2019 Willerby Waverley - Stk200R - £62,500 - SOLD - Seafield Park

I don't know those rules apply at many places anymore, but it did when my grandad had his. I couldn't justify paying those fees for always going to the same place, they are very nice places to be though. That's why I like my tourer, £250 storage per year, then £10-15 per night at sites. I am literally normally away 90% of weekends from Easter through to September.
I'm taking the piss but they must be really tying. My uncle has a double wheel tourer that parks itself. It has a bathroom, a proper bathroom. :eek: :lol:
obviously your not going as fast as a car, but those who you say at 'trundling' are also likely those going that speed anyway. I'll be at the speed limit the whole time.
:lol:
They're like fatal blood clots for roads. Pulmonary caravanisms.
We pay £2300 per year plus electric which is around £100 per year. Insurance is another £320.

Not bad all considering how much we use it.
£100 a year for electric? Where's the campsite? 1974?

Last edited:
Nah mate 😂. Pooley Bridge. We all have our own meters. Fuckin cheap as chips. Would love to get the same deal at home..
We pay more now since we retired and spend more tine there. Before that (when we were there every weekend , Friday - Sunday evening) plus Bank holidays and all of our work holidays (another 6 weeks). It was never more than £50 for the year.

Last edited:
Righto. And you are obviously a bitter bellend 😂😂
Bellend? Guilty.
Bitter? Nah, there's thousands of years of Human civilisation, technology and consumer items I'd rather have than a draughty, flowery carpeted, fly trap shoebox in Stanhope or Crimdon. :lol:
Me mate used to take his all over but left it in France, they put it in storage over there and use it for 3 weeks in the summer, obviously can't this year.
We hired a car and drove up from the Costa Brava one year, it's a canny site but I did a week here and there in statics when the kids were young and that was enough for me.
They tracked you eventually then?

Last edited:
Nah mate 😂. Pooley Bridge. We all have our own meters. Fuckin cheap as chips. Would love to get the same deal at home..
We pay more now since we retired and spend more tine there. Before that (when we were there every weekend , Friday - Sunday evening) plus Bank holidays and all of our work holidays (another 6 weeks). It was never more than £50 for the year.
On holiday in Ibiza as a bairn with my Mam and Dad, I discovered during a drinking game that I was conceived in Pooley Bridge. :lol:

How many have been burnt by the site demanding you replace the caravan every few years by having to buy a new one which you can only do from the owner of the site?

Our family looked at going in together but this put us off.

I'm taking the piss but they must be really tying. My uncle has a double wheel tourer that parks itself. It has a bathroom, a proper bathroom. :eek: :lol:
They're like fatal blood clots for roads. Pulmonary caravanisms.

hold on there electric and toilets and bathroom ffs if you're not going to a freezing cold concrete toilet block for a shite and a wash whilst getting stung by overgrown nettles it's not a caravan holiday

Back