The re-branding of caravans

I'm writing a dystopian short story set in one and that's the exact word I'm using, lifted direct from one of the sites I was looking at. I do mention they're basically caravans, mind. :lol:
:lol:
Now that sounds a riveting read.
Bloke I worked with used to say ‘I’m taking the van down easingwold’

I read a newspaper article not long ago saying after his marriage dissolved he slept with a lass 14 and was caught and jailed. Not saying ’the van’ was to blame but if he’d took his lass to Bali instead she might not have left him
A mobile peado palace.

Last edited:

Best rid I'd say.
On the bright side, he'll be used to an uncomfortable bed in a tiny room with other people.
Mine is a holiday home. Years ago previously called a static caravan, bit now nown as (and sold by the manufacturers) as holiday homes as once they are sited and plunbed in with the drainage and electric, they ain’t going anywhere 😂.
Ours is a 42ft by 13ft with a 12 ft wrap around deck. We spend more time there from March to January than we do in our house. So to us it is a home.
^ Delusional.
Imagine having a car with a one litre engine :lol:
:lol:
Me Dad's motorbike's is bigger than that. I'm sure my Mam has a blender with more oomph.

Last edited:
I've never got the caravan thing. 20 grand or summat to live in a glazed Portacabin at weekends. Oh and that'll be thousands more a year for the site fees, plus your shit shed seems to be approaching 5 years old. That'll be 20 grand for a new one and you can only part ex your old one to us. Sorry mate, thems the rules... I'll give you £1500 quid for your old one though. I've also heard you've been talking during the bingo so you're barred from the camp bar for a month.

and the rest for some
2019 Willerby Waverley - Stk200R - £62,500 - SOLD - Seafield Park

I don't know those rules apply at many places anymore, but it did when my grandad had his. I couldn't justify paying those fees for always going to the same place, they are very nice places to be though. That's why I like my tourer, £250 storage per year, then £10-15 per night at sites. I am literally normally away 90% of weekends from Easter through to September.

It's a f***ing caravan. Your Cockapoo is a mongrel and nobody, repeat nobody thinks that Prosecco is Champagne.
Even more nightmarish. 😉
f***ing Hell. Ayia Napa? :lol:
and the rest for some

I don't know those rules apply at many places anymore, but it did when my grandad had his. I couldn't justify paying those fees for always going to the same place, they are very nice places to be though. That's why I like my tourer, £250 storage per year, then £10-15 per night at sites. I am literally normally away 90% of weekends from Easter through to September.
Most of which is spent trundling.

Last edited:
and the rest for some

Me mate used to take his all over but left it in France, they put it in storage over there and use it for 3 weeks in the summer, obviously can't this year.
We hired a car and drove up from the Costa Brava one year, it's a canny site but I did a week here and there in statics when the kids were young and that was enough for me.

The father in law has one up Amble, the amount of value the statics lose is ridiculous.
True. But it’s the same as buying a brand new motor. You don’t buy them as an investment.
This is our second ine and have them for 15 years. Before we retired we were there every weekend and for our holidays. Now we’ve retired we are there loads. Often go for 4 weeks, come hone for 3- 4 days then head back again.
Well worth the money if you are using it

True. But it’s the same as buying a brand new motor. You don’t buy them as an investment.
This is our second ine and have them for 15 years. Before we retired we were there every weekend and for our holidays. Now we’ve retired we are there loads. Often go for 4 weeks, come hone for 3- 4 days then head back again.
Well worth the money if you are using it

His fees are not cheap mind, probably more than some peoples mortgages.

Back