The re-branding of caravans

I'm sure there is a site or two you'd maybe fit one in, maybe :lol:

I think the problem with small campers is the lack of a toilet. Sure you can get portable ones but its a lot less comfortable.
We had our tourer sited at Ripley for 2 years. There was one of those there for a good 6 months - massive, but turned out it only slept 2, which was mental!

Small campers, aye, you need a portable loo, and a couple of curtains.

We had a week from 4th July, up Friday till monday this weekend, Friday to monday the week after, then Sat till Sat the week after. We are at Brighouse Bay, just past Kirkcudbright.
I love it up there.
Same here. Just came back today from ours in the Wear Valley after 2 and a half weeks up there. Lovely.

Last edited:
Our lass has one, it's a static caravan and gets called a caravan. I call it a money pit.
If anyone wants to holiday on Hayling Island and help fill in the money pit you know where I am.

Last edited:
I call mine my second home in the country.
Some of them are better than the first homes of a lot of people . (I don't have one)
crow tree baths back in the day
" With extra piss for extra warmth"
My brother had 10 FT. tourer he slept in when doing his place up in France .:confused:
This is the same as ours (on a different site to Skiddaw). Willerby Sheraton. Absolutely love it.
That looks fabulous mate - enjoy . Imagine going there for a fortnight then having to go back to some post industrial urban shithole . I had no idea they could be that luxurious . We once had a week in a converted single deck bus . Were we happy ? No it was f***ing shite, like camping but not as cold .

Last edited:
Just for anyone going away in tourers or camper vans in the coming weeks; I hadn't realised before today that Calor gas is hard to get hold of at the minute. I drove halfway around Dorset today to get a regular old 6kg of propane. Various suppliers reckoned that Calor are only dropping off a fraction of orders on delivery day. Got one at a marine suppliers in the end. Might be worth getting one before you go if you know where there's some available.

You're welcome.

Just for anyone going away in tourers or camper vans in the coming weeks; I hadn't realised before today that Calor gas is hard to get hold of at the minute. I drove halfway around Dorset today to get a regular old 6kg of propane. Various suppliers reckoned that Calor are only dropping off a fraction of orders on delivery day. Got one at a marine suppliers in the end. Might be worth getting one before you go if you know where there's some available.

You're welcome.

I was at buy products on Hilton road on Tuesday getting exactly that, excellent price and no issue with stock of any of the sizes.

Back