The Rake ( pub )

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Rake in Borough Market Lunding charging £13-40 for a pint of beer, imagine going in with the lads and saying " I'll get these " ( not knowing the price ) !

Was on Brighton Pier today and they were advertising to save by buying a 4 pint jug of Fosters for just shy of £20.

Mind boggles that people would pay over a fiver for a pint of Fosters on its own like.

Having read their justification for the price (ie they claim theyre hardly making any money at that price) then why sell it in the 1st place as the negative publicity is inevitable at that price.

Having read their justification for the price (ie they claim theyre hardly making any money at that price) then why sell it in the 1st place as the negative publicity is inevitable at that price.

Certainly not negative. They were inundated by journalists poised to write columns of indignation. However, they sold out before they could get their snouts on expenses in amongst the booze.

Shite pub to be fair. Too small, too crowded and you can never get served. Why anyone goes there when you have the other boozers nearby is beyond me.

Shame, used to be canny

The Rake in Borough Market Lunding charging £13-40 for a pint of beer, imagine going in with the lads and saying " I'll get these " ( not knowing the price ) !

Did exactly that, in that pub but with a different beer. Cost me £24 for 3 pints! Bastards

Paid 8 euro for a 3/4 pint of Porter in Amsterdam last month. Lovely like.

Hardly session beers, if you can afford it and want it then the choice is yours.

Shite pub to be fair. Too small, too crowded and you can never get served. Why anyone goes there when you have the other boozers nearby is beyond me.

Shame, used to be canny
Tiny boozer like

Why anyone would want to go to that cesspit London is beyond me.

I can get a pint and a burger in Jameson's for less than a tenner. It may be shite, but at least it's not served by some immigant who sends the money back to fund terrorism.
Ouch ya fucker :). They'll be a long in a minute mind you.

Went to a wedding this weekend and at the reception they were charging £12 for a double rum and coke. £8 for a single. At first I was miffed they hadn't put on an open bar but then thought it would have bankrupted the family at those prices!

He said "£12 please" I said "hold on pal I've only ordered one", deadly seriously thinking that he'd accidentally added extras in.
He wasn't amused and said "I know, it's £12"
:eek:

Riddled with 'em. I rode my bike there in June and saw a bloke who must have been at least 70 riding a skateboard and a woman/possible tranny walking around the train station with a lampshade on her head.

Read today that Brighton Pier was owned by a pikey Sandie family until last year too.
It was owned by the Nobles until last year.

Went to a wedding this weekend and at the reception they were charging £12 for a double rum and coke. £8 for a single. At first I was miffed they hadn't put on an open bar but then thought it would have bankrupted the family at those prices!

He said "£12 please" I said "hold on pal I've only ordered one", deadly seriously thinking that he'd accidentally added extras in.
He wasn't amused and said "I know, it's £12"
:eek:

Reminds me of years ago me brother was getting married and we persuaded me mam to go to Luigis hair salon in the town instead of the little hairdressers where we lived. When they gave her the bill she said where's my diamond pin? They started looking at her strangely saying what diamond pin have you lost one? She's said the one you get at these prices :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back