The Queen gives her employees a Tesco Christmas pudding

Son of Stan

Striker
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...s-staff-tesco-christmas-pudding-a8110836.html

I suppose there are 1,500 of them and she's tightening her belt - as it used to be from Fortnum and Mason. Longer standing employees may receive some gift tokens apparently. I'd be unimpressed with a pudding as I can't stand the things.

I've had several line managers who didn't even do the tub of sweets thing. One of them used to give home made cards featuring a picture of her particularly unattractive family. So I suppose even a Tesco pud is better than that. :lol:

Why should longer standing employees get better presents? There's a decent chance they are either on better terms and conditions, or at least have been historically.

Actually when I think about it the employees may well get a card of her particulary unattractive/attractive (delete as appropriate) family too.:lol:

The Queen won't know anything about this ffs. It's not like she's micro-managing her entire vast range of constitutional and traditional obligations at her age. It's all she can do to try and stay alive long enough to prevent her idiot son inheriting the throne.

I've had several line managers who didn't even do the tub of sweets thing.

I worked at a place where the managers used to put a couple of tins of Roses in the staff room for people to pick at on their breaks. One lass was furious because her favourite purple ones were eaten before she got one, and then two lads on night shift scoffed most of them and left the crappy ones for everyone else.

The next year, she intercepted the tins and sat and counted out how many of each type of chocolate there was and dished them out evenly so we all got a little twist of blue roll with a sweet ration in. I don't like the strawberry and orange creams, so I was swapping them with people for the nut ones. Then she was furious again because I had several purple ones and she just had one :lol:

I worked at a place where the managers used to put a couple of tins of Roses in the staff room for people to pick at on their breaks. One lass was furious because her favourite purple ones were eaten before she got one, and then two lads on night shift scoffed most of them and left the crappy ones for everyone else.

The next year, she intercepted the tins and sat and counted out how many of each type of chocolate there was and dished them out evenly so we all got a little twist of blue roll with a sweet ration in. I don't like the strawberry and orange creams, so I was swapping them with people for the nut ones. Then she was furious again because I had several purple ones and she just had one :lol:
Some people are weird. Like a bloke I worked with who brought sweets back from his holiday and at the end of the day asked if I'd had one. I said yes and asked why? 'Because I'm taking them home tonight' was the reply. :lol:

I worked at a medical facility that turned over millions per year. The Christmas party was in early December between 4 and 6 pm where they passed out employee of the year awards and did a ‘state of the union’ type speech. No bait, no booze. Everybody had nashed off by 6:01 pm. For eight years my bonus was a ‘holiday’ voucher for $15 given mid November supposedly to get a Thanksgiving Turkey. Non denominational so no muzzies, jews, Buddhists etc could get offended.

First job away from that place we went on a booze cruise, got lashed, had a massive party at the boss’s palatial home and got $5k for a bonus. What the shit did I waste all my time at the first place for?

Back