The Queen’s Geordie

Mickey Gray has gone all la-di-da anarl
However, as much as I hate to admit it, Shearer and Ant and Dec still retain their local twang.

I Prefer Mickey’s Wearside accent to Steve Howeys , but that’s what’s great about accents I suppose, Much preferable to somewhere like Australia where you travel thousands of miles and the person You meet on arrival sounds exactly like the person you left at departure. 😀

I went out with a bonny lass from Primrose in Jarrow many years ago. She had an accent that left no doubt as to her heritage. After we finished she took up with a wealthy jeweller's son from Birmingham, married him and moved south. We saw her a year later when she came back up north for her sister's birthday and she was talking like royalty. She wasn't amused when I referred to her as "The Queen Of Jarra"! :lol::lol:
Neebody mentioned Ant and f***ing Dec?

He was Cumbrian I think.

He was indeed Cumbrian but he had a Northumberland accent modified for telly.

I love hearing examples of people talking posh Geordie and making total knackers of themselves. Steve Bruce, Gazza, Chrissy Waddle for example.
TV adverts are great tho , Glen McCrory is a prime exponent of the Queen’s Geordie selling conservatories,
but the Maguire’s holiday homes advert wins hand down.
How can they seriously make those ads and actually think they were good ?
Just seen the Maguires advert, what the fuck is that accent

I love hearing examples of people talking posh Geordie and making total knackers of themselves. Steve Bruce, Gazza, Chrissy Waddle for example.
TV adverts are great tho , Glen McCrory is a prime exponent of the Queen’s Geordie selling conservatories,
but the Maguire’s holiday homes advert wins hand down.
How can they seriously make those ads and actually think they were good ?
Aye Jimmy nail started doing it from season 3 onwards he sounded like a reet cock

Back