The problem with God is that he can’t take a joke

• Thread starter Deleted member 23273
  • Start date

as my ganny always said, there's nowt funnier than folk...

i can kinda understand how some people need something to grasp onto to get them through their lives, however when you find the more educated religious folk, even those of a science background you have to really question their integrity.
Absolutely baffling mate. I'll never understand why people to believe that claptrap but I do find it fascinating.

Each to their own but i really cannot get over the fact that anybody believes in any religion I put it up there as one of the most incredulous hoaxes of all time. Not one teeny weeny shred of anything and yet the fairy tale continues to this day. But if people want to believe thats fine. But don’t shove it down my f***ing throat

We as supporters are the same though if you think about it. The one thing similar between religious people and a supporter is faith, a belief - in context, I suppose this is the belief in something that is not known to be true, proved or understood.

Some on the football side and religious side have blind faith, while others question what is going on. So in effect we have similarities there as well, the half full and the half empty...so do we then say faith and belief is also a hoax? The jury is still out

on that one I would think.

Is there a difference between a belief and opinion:

1. Belief is what you believe in, whereas Opinion is something that you explicitly express. Most people would use them interchangeably.

2. Both are subjective. However, when you say you believe in something; you are suggesting that you think that its the Truth. E.g. God Exists.

On the other hand, when you say its your opinion; either you yourself are NOT claiming it to be the Truth or are aware that opposite opinions exist E.g. Sunderland are better than Newcastle!

Bloody hell ......... I have way too much time on my hands, to be pondering things like this and ignoring my jobs.................:lol::lol:

We as supporters are the same though if you think about it. The one thing similar between religious people and a supporter is faith, a belief - in context, I suppose this is the belief in something that is not known to be true, proved or understood.

Some on the football side and religious side have blind faith, while others question what is going on. So in effect we have similarities there as well, the half full and the half empty...so do we then say faith and belief is also a hoax? The jury is still out

1. Belief is what you believe in, whereas Opinion is something that you explicitly express. Most people would use them interchangeably.

2. Both are subjective. However, when you say you believe in something; you are suggesting that you think that its the Truth. E.g. God Exists.

On the other hand, when you say its your opinion; either you yourself are NOT claiming it to be the Truth or are aware that opposite opinions exist E.g. Sunderland are better than Newcastle!

Bloody hell ......... I have way too much time on my hands, to be pondering things like this and ignoring my jobs.................:lol::lol:
But we can see the players running around kicking the ball, rieligeous nuts just believe in a fairytale.

Excellent anology, very well put into context.
Its still bollocks !!!!!!

Where do you stand on aliens mate? I'm a firm believer but all this God shite is pathetic.
What's the difference? No real evidence for either. The important bit is, and here's the difference between a rational person and a happy clapper believer, with enough evidence a rational person will adjust their position.

What's the difference? No real evidence for either. The important bit is, and here's the difference between a rational person and a happy clapper believer, with enough evidence a rational person will adjust their position.
There is 60 billion species + on our planet common sense says there has got to be more in the universe. God was just made up by man.

A mate of mine’s fatha always used to say that anybody who believed in god had mental health issues, also anybody who didn’t like footy was a total wrangun. I kid you not, he was always deadly serious when he came out with this. By the way he was from crook
Seems fair enough.

There is 60 billion species + on our planet common sense says there has got to be more in the universe. God was just made up by man.
Well yes, all evidence points to the lay point being true.

60 billion +?? You sure? Anyway..... the number of species of life on this planet doesn't prove there isnlkfe anywhere else. However, I agree, the number of planets in the universe I wouldn't be surprised if there was life elsewhere.

What I do find to be vanishingly unlikely is bag any life has visited us. Due to species survival timelines (in the scheme of King's we won't be here much longer and we' r been here for just the blink of an eye), the vast distances involved, the fact that our military would have detected craft approaching Earth. Any number of reasons why I consider it more likely any of the gods exist than aliens have visited us.

Well yes, all evidence points to the lay point being true.

60 billion +?? You sure? Anyway..... the number of species of life on this planet doesn't prove there isnlkfe anywhere else. However, I agree, the number of planets in the universe I wouldn't be surprised if there was life elsewhere.

What I do find to be vanishingly unlikely is bag any life has visited us. Due to species survival timelines (in the scheme of King's we won't be here much longer and we' r been here for just the blink of an eye), the vast distances involved, the fact that our military would have detected craft approaching Earth. Any number of reasons why I consider it more likely any of the gods exist than aliens have visited us.
Have you not heard the witness statements of very credible people like Army Generals etc, there is loads of evidence, witness statements are used as evidence in a court of law. They are obviously not lying and you may say they saw something and jumped to a conclusion but in their own words they say they believe its extra terrestrial. If you look into it you will find lots of credible evidence however there is non whatsoever for god existing.

Back