The problem for SD

I would love Donald to do a Roker Report podcast now.

To get his point of view across and to reassure the fans (if you choose to believe what he says or not is a different matter).

I would love Donald to do a Roker Report podcast now.

To get his point of view across and to reassure the fans (if you choose to believe what he says or not is a different matter).

I dont want to hear another RR podcast with Donald, ne needs to communicate through statements from the club and stop all of the snippets he gives out, he has fuelled the fire that is currently burning him RE takeover. I'd rather know nothing than than have false hope from innuendo and tongue in cheek comments.

I dont want to hear another RR podcast with Donald, ne needs to communicate through statements from the club and stop all of the snippets he gives out, he has fuelled the fire that is currently burning him RE takeover. I'd rather know nothing than than have false hope from innuendo and tongue in cheek comments.
I understand what your saying but if Donald did another Roker Report Podcast tomorrow would you listen it.

Cause you would. Everyone’s itching to know his point of view.

I understand what your saying but if Donald did another Roker Report Podcast tomorrow would you listen it.

Cause you would. Everyone’s itching to know his point of view.

I wouldn't, I dont care about what he bleets anymore, the cracks are showing they cant afford to run the club and my opinion is he is out of his depth.

General consensus seemed to be that we weren’t going up with Ross in charge. If that was the case then why bother sacking him and go through the rigmarole of hiring someone else just to get the same outcome? He could have just claimed to blindly support Ross and not get promoted. Seems like a very odd long game to play just to stay in the same league

OP has already declared (flounced) elsewhere he's doing something else when Sunderland are playing. So, to the OP, why don't you just go fishing / shopping, and fuck. OFF. Why are you still here?

Last edited:
I share your disappointment at the job going to Parkinson. It's a dull, uninspiring choice. However, I disagree completely with your premise that SD doesn't want us to go up, I think he's desperate for us to be promoted this season. He's chosen Parkinson because he sees him as someone likely to deliver that promotion. Like you I wanted someone to excite us, Stendel was my pick all along; but Parkinson hasn't been appointed to fail.

I think it’s a decent appointment all things considered. He will sort the defence and get us promoted

Why would SD not want us to get promotion? The Championship is one of the most lucrative leagues in The World; with a huge tv and sponsorship deal. The revenue prospects from gaining promotion are huge in comparison to League 1.

As for appointing Parkinson to ensure we remain in League 1...really...you actually think that's the intention? If that's the case, why bother sacking JR; who was nailed on/ guaranteed/a dead cert to keep us in League 1.

I like a conspiracy theory. I think they faked the moon landing; I don't think a magic bullet killed Kennedy and I don't think building 7 of the World Trade Centre collapsed due to office furniture fires....but come on, even for me, this one's a step too far!!!

I trust him always have always will.

Try not to create problems where they don't exist marra but I hear you.
The only fact I see is everyone and their dog is guessing what’s up with SD and the club. Honestly, makes David Icke look a sound individual.
I'm a conspiracy theorist and these fools on here are blowing me away.
Why would SD not want us to get promotion?
If he had to choose between promotion or doing the best for the club I believe he would do the best for the club. There will be some storms ahead we all just need to calm down and focus our attention on enjoying the ride.

Anyone who makes a negative comment is probably a mag.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems like there is no takeover/investment. If this transpired to to true then the owners have s big problem.

Should they gain promotion this year there will be a circa 15 million hole in the clubs finances. No parachute, players wages rising etc. without investment SD would either have to fund the club from his own coffers or go into debt, therefore making us a much less attractive proposition.

My view is that this managerial appointment may well be to stabilize us in the third tier therefor giving the owners the opportunity to sell on at some profit without going into debt and making us a less attractive proposition to potential buyers.

It’s becoming pretty obvious to me the quick spin didn’t work and SD may well be worried about being stuck with a club draining him of money and not looking a good investment so difficult to sell.

Or the abridged version: SD doesn’t want us to go up because it could very well bankrupt him.

If he didn't want us to go up, he wouldn't have sacked Jack Ross. He would have said "hew Jack, aim for 7th."

What on earth are you talking about though? Wouldn’t want us promoted? :lol::lol:

He could sell on for a few quid profit if we got promoted ya talking utter shit again.

If SAFC get promoted the books don’t balance. In fact there would be a circa 15m/year deficit. Who in their right mind buys a business that has outgoing of 15m more than it has coming in. And that’s before money for team strengthening.

SD best chance of turning the club for a profit is to do it after we got promoted last year, which didn’t work out, or whilst still in the third tier and the books balanced.

If the club go up, without investment he has to fund the black hole and team strengthening himself to balance the books, or go into debt and make the club a loss making debt ridden entity which will in turn make it difficult to offload.

Back