The problem for SD

splorty

Winger
It seems like there is no takeover/investment. If this transpired to to true then the owners have s big problem.

Should they gain promotion this year there will be a circa 15 million hole in the clubs finances. No parachute, players wages rising etc. without investment SD would either have to fund the club from his own coffers or go into debt, therefore making us a much less attractive proposition.

My view is that this managerial appointment may well be to stabilize us in the third tier therefor giving the owners the opportunity to sell on at some profit without going into debt and making us a less attractive proposition to potential buyers.

It’s becoming pretty obvious to me the quick spin didn’t work and SD may well be worried about being stuck with a club draining him of money and not looking a good investment so difficult to sell.

Or the abridged version: SD doesn’t want us to go up because it could very well bankrupt him.

Last edited:

It seems like there is no takeover/investment. If this transpired to to true then the owners have s big problem.

Should they gain promotion this year there will be a circa 15 million hole in the clubs finances. No parachute, players wages rising etc. without investment SD would either have to fund the club from his own coffers or go into debt, therefore making us a much less attractive proposition.

My view is that this managerial appointment may well be to stabilize us in the third tier therefor giving the owners the opportunity to sell on at some profit without going into debt and making us a less attractive proposition to potential buyers.

It’s becoming pretty obvious to me the quick spin didn’t work and SD may well be worried about being stuck with a club draining him of money and not looking a good investment so difficult to sell.

Or the abridged version: SD doesn’t want us to go up because it could very well bankrupt him.

The other way of looking at it, is if we do get promoted any investors will be able to drive an even harder bargain as everyone and his dog knows SD cant afford the championship, so any potential investor could wait and see then possibly save themselves a fair chunk of money

The statement re: the takeover last week was pathetic and he's hoping the fans will slowly forget about it without the club having to take the flak of coming out and categorically saying its off.

Fed up of his spin and bullshit.

How many threads do you intend starting in order to have a did at Donald?

How many threads do you intend starting in order to have a did at Donald?
I’ve done my time mate. As many as I like. Read, don’t read. Your choice.i want him gone from the club I’ve supported for 43 years.

If you choose to be a lemming that’s your choice too. Change only comes about because people don’t put up with a current situation.
the bigger issue to me is if we don't gain promotion
Donald doesn’t want us promoted man. He knows it would bankrupt him

Last edited:

Dell or a.n.other will wait until they crack.....that's business

I share your disappointment at the job going to Parkinson. It's a dull, uninspiring choice. However, I disagree completely with your premise that SD doesn't want us to go up, I think he's desperate for us to be promoted this season. He's chosen Parkinson because he sees him as someone likely to deliver that promotion. Like you I wanted someone to excite us, Stendel was my pick all along; but Parkinson hasn't been appointed to fail.

Back