The Premier League

When pep pisses off the league will reset again, Liverpool are the only one that’s got close, so despite pep taking city to a different level it’ll make it a more open league again because city will probably come down a notch, and on balance that’s a good thing I reckon cos it’s boring watching city win 12 on the spin and riding off into the sunset with the title

I guarantee they’ll crowbar the mags in before long to make it the big seven. It’s pathetic, they’re golden boys get worse so they just increase the number

Well aside from the “big six” Newcastle have a lot of money, Wolves seem wealthy and so do Villa, Everton, Leicester and West Ham.

There’s 12 teams that Sunderland are going to need serious capital to compete with whenever we get back to the top flight… and that number seems to increase season after season. It looks like Leeds might be next to change hands.

If it carries on the way it is with the usual strugglers and yo-yo clubs then they will justify making it a closed shop in my opinion and just having one “elite” league.

The Premier League and Sky have destroyed competitive football in this country. I love listening to my dad tell stories about how a charismatic man like Clough could literally drag a provincial club from the second tier to the summit of European football within a few years. It must have been so exciting to be a fan back then.

These days only a select few Sky Sports subscribers and glory supporters can dare to dream.

I take it those on here who aren't fussed if we ever get back to the PL won't celebrate when we do. Our great escapes in the 2010s seemed to be quite popular too.

Some depressing replies here like :lol:

The premier league is mint! I’m a football fan in general and will watch any prem game on if I’m free. Been a brilliant exciting season so far.
If you only like football because of Sunderland you’re missing out on a lot of the sport :eek:

I don’t like the obsession with transfers that has filtered down through all the leagues. The answer always seems to be buy or loan a player.

Clubs don’t want to coach players anymore.

Some depressing replies here like :lol:

The premier league is mint! I’m a football fan in general and will watch any prem game on if I’m free. Been a brilliant exciting season so far.
If you only like football because of Sunderland you’re missing out on a lot of the sport :eek:
Mag

If you aspire to be a top team you press high and rely on faults or individual skills to score.

If your’re a team trying to survive you play a low block and hope to counter or get lucky on a set piece.

Think there was a big shift in the 2-3 years after we went down, mainly due to Pep and Klopp revolutionising Man City and Liverpool.

There is a dearth of strikers now as it's all about pressing and shape out of possession and creating chances for wide players tucking in. Tactically it's miles ahead of when we were in it, but less competitive. Although having said that, everyone talks about the 'big 6' when it's more of a big 2, City and Liverpool are lightyears ahead of the rest and the likes of Leicester, Wolves, West Ham and Brighton have pushed Man United, Arsenal and Spurs all the way in recent years. Think there is more of a pathway for well run clubs to succeed but the majority just lurch from one thing to another wasting money.

The promoted teams - with a few exceptions - seem to be the whipping boys every year and Fulham and Norwich have become yo-yo clubs. Fulham spent millions buying a new team every time they go up but fail. Norwich spend nothing and kept their squad together and still failed. Think you need to be defensively sound and grind out results to stay up as there are so many world class attacking players there.

I want us to get back there but think it'll take years and years before we could establish ourselves again. Obviously need to get out of League One first.

For me , the times I do watch it, I admit, its less frequent than I used to watch.. The turn off for me has been coming over number of years due to the increase in players diving, feigning injury including some managers and coaches. The constant shirt pulling and blocking off payers on a run at every corner that goes un punished (penalties not given) yet is an automatic booking anywhere else on the pitch. VAR which has shown its not fit for purpose and should be scrapped. The way the League and on field officials seem to make up rules as they go along or try and look for problems, on and off the pitch that can rule out a decision for one team in one match while giving the opposite in another game, well, thats just afew reasons to turn off. The latest with these changing rules mid season to suit some clubs is a prime example of what is going wrong across all football in this country.

Its only a matter of time before they cock it up completely and we can start afresh

My interest in it these days is pretty much entirely governed by FPL. I'll watch a live game if my players are involved, but can't remember the last time I bothered with MOTD. Liverpool are the only one of the top sides I really enjoy watching - the City title processions are getting boring (especially considering they rarely bother getting out of 1st gear these days), and I find Tuchel's Chelsea a chore to watch.

Think there was a big shift in the 2-3 years after we went down, mainly due to Pep and Klopp revolutionising Man City and Liverpool.

There is a dearth of strikers now as it's all about pressing and shape out of possession and creating chances for wide players tucking in. Tactically it's miles ahead of when we were in it, but less competitive. Although having said that, everyone talks about the 'big 6' when it's more of a big 2, City and Liverpool are lightyears ahead of the rest and the likes of Leicester, Wolves, West Ham and Brighton have pushed Man United, Arsenal and Spurs all the way in recent years. Think there is more of a pathway for well run clubs to succeed but the majority just lurch from one thing to another wasting money.

The promoted teams - with a few exceptions - seem to be the whipping boys every year and Fulham and Norwich have become yo-yo clubs. Fulham spent millions buying a new team every time they go up but fail. Norwich spend nothing and kept their squad together and still failed. Think you need to be defensively sound and grind out results to stay up as there are so many world class attacking players there.

I want us to get back there but think it'll take years and years before we could establish ourselves again. Obviously need to get out of League One first.
Someone will come along with a way to defend against the fast paced attacking. Maybe Bruce had it sussed with 9-0-1 formation.

watch quite a lot being stuck in the house, by the time the evening comes round i need something to watch and i can't stand the soaps so watch a game if there is one on, refuse to pay for sky or bt sports but found the old iptv to be a boon, without that i would watch very little.

generally, most teams play the 'big six' the same way, let them have the ball and defend for your lives, aim for the draw...when two of the 'big six' (or pretenders to thier throne) play each other it usually becomes a complete bore fest with both teams trying to out-pass each other and they are more worried about stifling the opposition.

basically for many it has become an excercise in getting good stats for themselves (good stats gains more money for players) but those stats equate to fewer and fewer chances created, in many ways you can liken it to the way snooker went from the heady days of such as higgins and white blasting balls all over the table to the more calculated, slow approach of steve davis, where it became more about not letting the other bloke play than how many points you could rack up.

i honestly think the last all out attacking side in the premier was us under reid but the entire game has changed since then, now it is all 'pass it into the goal/score the perfect goal'...effective but quite boring, the lower league stuff is far more entertaining.

There needs to be a cap on how much any premier league team can spend on players each season. Footballs being ruined by money bags owners. Example Man City buy Grealish for xx millions off Villa when they dont really need him. No surprise they're alway top .

I’ve watched quite a bit of premier league this season and 2 things stand out. Firstly the gulf between the top division and where currently are is scary to put it mildly. Secondly the teams at the bottom are generally playing with 11 behind the ball in the hope of not getting mullered by the top teams. I’ve enjoyed it to be fair.

I’ve been going to Wolves since 79. As far as enjoying going to away games it would be the season Jackett led us to the league 1 title with record points. Games like Port Vale and Burton away. But to see us beat the likes of Liverpool Chelsea City Utd Spurs etc in the Prem takes some beating. And also having players like Moutinho and Neves in midfield is something else. Hopefully we will come up against you boys in the near future. I hate all the diving and rolling around and also the VAR but as far as I’m concerned the Prem is the best league in the world especially for teams like ours who have had massive highs and lows. Not like the Everton’s and Spurs. I still pinch myself after some of the shite I’ve witnessed supporting Wolves.

Back