The Premier League

tbh, from what I've seen, the top teams in the Championship are way ahead of us. Although we've a few players who'll be good enough to step up I think we can look forward to a few seasons in there if we get promoted. The guaranteed six points from the mags will help though.
In terms of finance the jump from our league to championship is I reckon the biggest of every single league right from the bottom to top of the pyramid.
I am really not sure we could stay out of the bottom six of the Championship with our current squad and that, in fairness , is not having a go at us but rather an acknowledgement of the gap between the leagues.
You obviously didn't watch the mags v Man u.
Can not bring myself to watch them unless it is a quick five minutes on local news ... provided they have lost ....

Last edited:
It's weird because I know as a club we have to get back there and in reality we all want to be back there,however I don't miss it. The league itself is making up the numbers to the majority.

Throw in var which from viewing is all over the place at times. Some of the top sides are good (man city, Liverpool) to watch but a large percentage of the league is simply awful.

In terms of finance the jump from our league to championship is I reckon the biggest of every single league right from the bottom to top of the pyramid.
I am really not sure we could stay out of the bottom six of the Championship with our current squad and that, in fairness , is not having a go at us but rather an acknowledgement of the gap between the leagues.
Do the relegated Prem teams still get parachute money? Cos it'll be difficult to get past them - although we managed to totally fuck it when we got relegated :) 💩

To me the fans are a big difference. Someone posted a pic of our players celebrating the goal last Saturday and the crowd behind were full of emotion and not a phone in sight. Contrast that to the PL and in particular the big 6 who definitely attract a certain type of fan.

I’ve never understood the glory hunter mentality. As a fan your team wins a lot and you get used to it so you’re not really that arsed. Then your team wins trophies regularly so you‘re not really arsed. There’s millions of you so despite owning the shirt, the hat, the water bottle you’re never really part of it.

Contrast that to how we feel when we pull off a really big result. Imagine the celebrations if we somehow manage to win a major cup - it doesnt bear thinking about. I’ll take that potential any day over being a bland big 6 fan.

Aye, it’s the big 14 or something now.
On a serious note. It will be a closed shop to the top 10 soon enough. It’s gonna be the top 8 in the next 5 years
To me the fans are a big difference. Someone posted a pic of our players celebrating the goal last Saturday and the crowd behind were full of emotion and not a phone in sight. Contrast that to the PL and in particular the big 6 who definitely attract a certain type of fan.

I’ve never understood the glory hunter mentality. As a fan your team wins a lot and you get used to it so you’re not really that arsed. Then your team wins trophies regularly so you‘re not really arsed. There’s millions of you so despite owning the shirt, the hat, the water bottle you’re never really part of it.

Contrast that to how we feel when we pull off a really big result. Imagine the celebrations if we somehow manage to win a major cup - it doesnt bear thinking about. I’ll take that potential any day over being a bland big 6 fan.
Spot on.
We still talk about beating Chelsea 0-3 or Jiiiiiiiii like it’s a cup final

I have great memories of scraping a draw at Birmingham ffs. Man Utd and Liverpool fans don’t have that crap man

Last edited:
Do the relegated Prem teams still get parachute money? Cos it'll be difficult to get past them - although we managed to totally fuck it when we got relegated :) 💩
I think it is about 12 or 14 million for a couple of seasons.
I understand the only way Donald could scrape the money together to buy a controlling interest was to sign the parachute money over to Short so in effect the money had gone before we received it.

It's weird because I know as a club we have to get back there and in reality we all want to be back there,however I don't miss it. The league itself is making up the numbers to the majority.

Throw in var which from viewing is all over the place at times. Some of the top sides are good (man city, Liverpool) to watch but a large percentage of the league is simply awful.
I want to win this league, I want to win the championship but I don’t want us to win 4 games all season and turn up trying to get a 0-0. It’s a shitty spot to be in

I hate it and my hatred stems from the “big six”. In terms of the quality it probably is the best league in the world but it isn’t very exciting.

About time something was done to level the playing field.

My thoughts exactly. The fact its six instead of two in Scotland doesn't make it any different really because there's twice as many also-rans just the same.
Its Mancheter City's league to lose and has been for a while and will be going forward, for a while anyway, and its only occasionally broken up from by Liverpool, Leicester or Chelsea but its enough for the hype to blind people from the uncompetitiveness and thus from anything being done about it.

Even bored with the yo-yoing Fulham, Watford, Bournemouth, Norwich not really breaking up the clientele too.

Have definitely given up a lot of interest in it since we went down. When we played Arsenal in the cup I had heard of about 5 starters for them, I know the current Portsmouth squad better than that ffs.

I think it is about 12 or 14 million for a couple of seasons.
I understand the only way Donald could scrape the money together to buy a controlling interest was to sign the parachute money over to Short so in effect the money had gone before we received it.
You're miles out. We got £41m, then £30m and finally £15m over 3 years according to Google.

Some reet liars on this thread like. The quality of city and Liverpool is incredible. Technically and physically immense. I’ll sit and watch if they’re on and have the odd game on from lesser teams in the background now and then too.

Couldn’t tell you the last time I did even that with a championship game or lower. Zero interest in the FA cup which is a bit sad really as I loved it as a kid.

Back