The power of a shower

I can feel absolutely terrible, be hungover or not have had any sleep but having a shower just sorts me out entirely and gets me feeling human again.

Is there any science behind this? Is it just a psychological thing?
When I'm proper hungover I literally only feel fine for the time im in the shower, I end up having a dozen Hollywood showers - drives my lass up the wall :lol:

I can feel absolutely terrible, be hungover or not have had any sleep but having a shower just sorts me out entirely and gets me feeling human again.

Cleaning your teeth too and it's like the night before never happened. Sadly the feeling only lasts for 5 minutes.

I've got to be at a certain point of recovery to think about a shower. People talk about bacon sarnies as a cure, again, it takes me hours before I coule face one. Sometimes I even struggle to keep water down.

As much as I miss knocking the booze on the head last year, I certainly do not miss hangovers! Wasted so much time literally just lying around, feeling like death.

I've got to be at a certain point of recovery to think about a shower. People talk about bacon sarnies as a cure, again, it takes me hours before I coule face one. Sometimes I even struggle to keep water down.
Best thing is to stop the suffering, hang over the pot and make yourself sick as soon as possible. It’s pointless battling that sickly feeling. Soon as I make myself sick all feels good in the world again, shit, shower and some bait and I’m right after that.

moping about feeling sorry for yourself is the worst thing in the world

Heard somet on the radio this morning about eating cucumber and avoiding coffee can reduce hangovers by up to 70% Wish someone told me that 15 year ago.

Why does a fart in the shower smell a lot worse than a fart outside of the shower? Have the boffins worked that 1 out?

I've started blasting it on freezing cold for the final minute after I've washed up properly as well. Proper sorts you out that.

Best thing is to stop the suffering, hang over the pot and make yourself sick as soon as possible. It’s pointless battling that sickly feeling. Soon as I make myself sick all feels good in the world again, shit, shower and some bait and I’m right after that.

moping about feeling sorry for yourself is the worst thing in the world
The trouble with me is I can be sick multiple times over several hours before I have turned the corner, horrible headache as well.

Back