The Pizza Cup

Teams might rise to the occasion now.

Also, if you win a game by a big enough margin you get a free bottle of pop. Only on Mondays and Tuesday if ordered for collection.

What the hell does it matter what sponsor put's it's name to the EFL Trophy? Does it matter who sponsors it? A name is a name. Just a name. See what I am saying? It just happens that is what someone someday woke up and decided to call his new Pizza company. No reason to mock the name.

Among the thing that I hate most in the world is when people do this. They sell Pizza's, yes. So? What of it? Why the need to call it The Pizza Cup? If Wikes sponsored the League Cup would it be "DIY Cup"? I mean where will that line of thinking end?

I think is a great move. Will Papa John's be putting any money into the EFL or paying them to put the logo of the company everywhere, or is the EFL going to be putting money into Papa John's? How does sponsorship work?

Papa John's Cup isn't great but it's not the worst either. The order is as follows:

1) Coca Cola Cup
2) Carling cup
3) Littlewoods Challenge Cup
4) Carabao Cup
5) Rumbelows Cup
6) Papa John's Cup
7) Milk Cup
8) Capital One Cup
9) Worthingtons Cup

If I've missed any out then they go last because being unmemorable is worse than being shite.

Papa John's Cup isn't great but it's not the worst either. The order is as follows:

1) Coca Cola Cup
2) Carling cup
3) Littlewoods Challenge Cup
4) Carabao Cup
5) Rumbelows Cup
6) Papa John's Cup
7) Milk Cup
8) Capital One Cup
9) Worthingtons Cup

If I've missed any out then they go last because being unmemorable is worse than being shite.
It’s not so much the name which is, admittedly, crass but the fact we all know it is a competition only available to the bottom tier of league football.

Perhaps if it was called the EFL trophy participation in it would be low key and discreet. Calling the damn think Papa John’s just holds the mirror up a bit too much.

It’s not so much the name which is, admittedly, crass but the fact we all know it is a competition only available to the bottom tier of league football.

Perhaps if it was called the EFL trophy participation in it would be low key and discreet. Calling the damn think Papa John’s just holds the mirror up a bit too much.

Why would that bother you? I can't understand why anyone would be embarrassed about football.

Back