The Pistols at Brixton Academy

Canny show apart from Lydon forgetting the words..he’s definitely mellowed like..getting all emotional about London and calling the band the best in the world!!

Lydon was on great form, that fuck up just added to it. Band seemed tight. Would've loved to have seen them live when they first landed.
Not a patch on Finsbury Park m8, the crowd was mental, it was carnage.
Nah. Sloping floor is good but it’s a complete piss on, and the beer is rank
Saw the Clash there in 84, canny few other gigs, always had a good drink before going in, usually The Railway, but before The Clash me & my mate ended up in the Iceberg, pub full of rastas, ordered a pint at the bar, sat down, rasta came over to our table, gave us a big spliff, we were the only 2 white people in the pub, don't ask me about the rest of the night or the gig as I was off my tits 😁

Last edited:
Not a patch on Finsbury Park m8, the crowd was mental, it was carnage.

Saw the Clash there in 84, canny few other gigs, always had a good drink before going in, usually The Railway, but before The Clash me & my mate ended up in the Iceberg, pub full of rastas, ordered a pint at the bar, sat down, rasta came over to our table, gave us a big spliff, we were the only 2 white people in the pub, don't ask me about the rest of the night or the gig as I was off my tits 😁
:lol:

Its a great gig
I'm not one for looking back but they rocked
Jones and a Les Paul . Bosh ! .
Damned and latter day Stranglers sounding great too
The blue LP he used on the 96 filthy lucre tour was class, no tone just volume 😂
'There'll always be England'.

Just watching it now after taping it from the other night.

The place is garn reet off :cool:
That was a proper mental crowd 40k to see the Pistols, nearly died in amongst that lot 😮🤣

Last edited:
Hated the gig, wish I’d never watched it.

I had a perception about the Pistols after watching all the old footage of them (too young to have seen them first time). Watching John Lyndon over trying to be “punk” and trying to live up the the “legend” was devastating.

Hated the gig, wish I’d never watched it.

I had a perception about the Pistols after watching all the old footage of them (too young to have seen them first time). Watching John Lyndon over trying to be “punk” and trying to live up the the “legend” was devastating.
What did you expect of 4 middle aged men ? really ? There's been many words written of how he views it all now

Back