The pens taken at Charlton end

Football is not the only sport to take advantage of playing on home turf. Cricket is notorious for setting up pitches to the strengths of its home bowlers, while every Ryder Cup sees the course tailor-made for the home players.

Away teams at Sunderland have a smaller changing room with worse facilities. Should we call that unfair?

It’s competitive sport, it’s what happens. If Donnie wanted to take penalties infront of their fans they should have finished higher in the league.
:lol: ok mate.

Football is not the only sport to take advantage of playing on home turf. Cricket is notorious for setting up pitches to the strengths of its home bowlers, while every Ryder Cup sees the course tailor-made for the home players.

Away teams at Sunderland have a smaller changing room with worse facilities. Should we call that unfair?

It’s competitive sport, it’s what happens. If Donnie wanted to take penalties infront of their fans they should have finished higher in the league.
Do you go out of your way to be different? If not then playing Devil’s Advocate takes no thought.
Cricket has been doing that for decades.
The Ryder Cup is alternated every two years AND all of the players play all of the types of courses that are chosen....no advantage.
Putting a penalty shootout in front of one team’s supporters for ‘safety reasons’ does not happen.
Either you Police a match that is safe in EVERY situation or you shouldn’t get a safety certificate....because the ground is obviously unsafe....QED.

I did say I thought I’d get stick for it :lol:

Not trying to wind anyone up or play Devil’s Advocate. It’s a genuine belief.

People need to remember this isn’t just meant to reflect two games of football, it’s meant to reflect a season’s worth. That’s the whole point of having home advantage second, and using all the perks that comes with that.

People need to remember this isn’t just meant to reflect two games of football, it’s meant to reflect a season’s worth. That’s the whole point of having home advantage second, and using all the perks that comes with that.
Having the old bill use a feeble excuse isn't part of the protocol.

One of the perks isn't to pick which end you take your penalties at tho. You can't just make up new ways to gain an advantage cos you finished higher. :lol:

You get to play home second and get the extra time to win if necessary. That's your advantage. Anything after that is cheating or influence from an outside source.

I completely agree, and those reasons should be made public. Still doesn't help the Doncaster players or supporters now though. Like I said an investigation needs to take place to ensure this cant happen again.

Cops will just cite the "safety " aspect...the League officials will do/say SFA of any relevance.....fully expect to see this dictatorial approach by plod happen more frequently ...Every regional force will want to play at being the ref....just hope it doesn't happen to us anytime soon...

Back