The Passage

Travis

Striker
Starts next week on Fox. Big fan of the Justin Cronin books so a bit sceptical of this series as they have openly said they will be changing quite a few aspects of the novels. Ridley Scott involved so hoping he will ensure it has some substance.

Thoughts on the first episode? For me not bad, has legs I think although I enjoyed the post apocalyptic part of the trilogy much more which is years down the line so given the fact the lead fella has signed up for several years then surely it will have to stay within the timeline of the first book only? The actor says he doesn't die as he does in the book so maybe they are taking it down a different route? It could if done correctly be similar to Walking Dead but with some of the leads being the "monsters" seeing as though some of the test subjects aren't as inhuman as Patient Zero.

Thoughts on the first episode? For me not bad, has legs I think although I enjoyed the post apocalyptic part of the trilogy much more which is years down the line so given the fact the lead fella has signed up for several years then surely it will have to stay within the timeline of the first book only? The actor says he doesn't die as he does in the book so maybe they are taking it down a different route? It could if done correctly be similar to Walking Dead but with some of the leads being the "monsters" seeing as though some of the test subjects aren't as inhuman as Patient Zero.
Didnt realise it was starting already! Must get it downloaded, not sure they'll be able to do this justice tbh, but interested to see what they do with it.

They all go down the same route

What was that vampire type show a while back, where a plane load turned into vampires ?
Dunno I stopped watching vampire stuff as it got ridiculous but the passage does refer to vampire type characteristics with the virus, its a bit far fetched but I still enjoyed it.

Thought they could have spent more time on the pre-amble. I’ve read the books so I was ok but the missus started watching 10 minutes in and didn’t know why they were after Amy.

I’m really hoping that it’s a massive hit as I have a signed first edition book with a limited edition accompanying newspaper given over to stories about the outbreak

Second episode was decent too, dont really remember the very start of the books so thought things would've kicked off big time by now, there can't be too many episodes before "The event" I wouldnt have thought.

Second episode was decent too, dont really remember the very start of the books so thought things would've kicked off big time by now, there can't be too many episodes before "The event" I wouldnt have thought.

Before it all kicks off Wolghast dies as him and Amy ride out the apocalypse in the mountains somewhere. As he doesn't die and is signed up for several seasons I'm not sure how they will play it out? For me the books are better and the stories more compelling in the aftermath, that can't happen with Wolghast still in the show as he is mortal. I'm thinking they will maybe keep it to the initial fallout of the event and the survival of a few main characters as well as Amy's relationship with the 12 after she becomes one of them.

anyone still watching this?

am really enjoying it but it really needs to get a move on and get to the next stage of the story!

Back