The Outer Worlds

Surprisingly I’m not feeling this at all.
I expected to love it, but it is literally just stuff nicked from other more competent games. The moon bobble head thing is a blatant rip off of pip boy and well, the whole thing feels a bit cheap.

£50 and maybe less than a week later and im bored as fuck.

for me it's just skyrim & no man sky with a bit of sellotape holding them together.

Aye, pretty much how I felt. Haven't gone back to it at all.

Best game I've played this year, Luigis Mansion 3!

doubt i'll try it again. been playing warframe a shit ton, but just getting a bit burnt out on it (that's on me i've been savagely addicted to it for nearly 2 years) so i bought this hoping to like it. seemed like i should but it's jsut so formulaic.

i need an engine part. go find this person, he needs a can of pop before he can finish working on it. the man selling the cans of pop has lost his tennis ball. a dog has the tennis ball and you need to find some dog food to make him drop it, the dog food seller needs you to give him a haircut before he'll sell you some dog food. oh, and you've picked up too many of the same pistol & helmets so now you're overburned, go sell them all and start again

doubt i'll try it again. been playing warframe a shit ton, but just getting a bit burnt out on it (that's on me i've been savagely addicted to it for nearly 2 years) so i bought this hoping to like it. seemed like i should but it's jsut so formulaic.

i need an engine part. go find this person, he needs a can of pop before he can finish working on it. the man selling the cans of pop has lost his tennis ball. a dog has the tennis ball and you need to find some dog food to make him drop it, the dog food seller needs you to give him a haircut before he'll sell you some dog food. oh, and you've picked up too many of the same pistol & helmets so now you're overburned, go sell them all and start again
im the same mate, but Destiny rather than warframe

Just finished today, quite enjoyed the game, little disappointing you can't carry on playing after the credits roll but I guess it warns you, there was about 3 of the planets I never even visited.

Finished it, not shit, but not as great as the reviews I read make out. Needs far more enemy variety for a start. Played it on normal and it was a complete piece of piss as well.

It was a lot shorter than I thought it would be and I completed every quest except the one for the owner of the posh clothes store.

It was okay, a mix of fallout and mass effect, not as good as either.

Finished it, not shit, but not as great as the reviews I read make out. Needs far more enemy variety for a start. Played it on normal and it was a complete piece of piss as well.
played it on hard mode,still fairly easy once i’d done a bit ‘tinkering’ with weapons and armour.not a game i’d ever go back to,but still enjoyed it.
It was a lot shorter than I thought it would be and I completed every quest except the one for the owner of the posh clothes store.
thats the only quest i didn’t do either

Was really enjoying the game, fought what I thought was the first boss of the game, and it turned out to be the final boss and then all of a sudden the game was over. Really really short. There was only about 6 story missions, and a load of the planets on the map you dont even get to visit. Absolutely shite that you cant keep exploring after the game ends. After beating the final boss the person you save is even talking about how there is still loads of work to do so I was thinking there was still loads to do, but nah, roll credits, game over. Felt more like a game preview than an actual game. Cheeky how they charged the price of a full game for it.

Was really enjoying the game, fought what I thought was the first boss of the game, and it turned out to be the final boss and then all of a sudden the game was over. Really really short. There was only about 6 story missions, and a load of the planets on the map you dont even get to visit. Absolutely shite that you cant keep exploring after the game ends. After beating the final boss the person you save is even talking about how there is still loads of work to do so I was thinking there was still loads to do, but nah, roll credits, game over. Felt more like a game preview than an actual game. Cheeky how they charged the price of a full game for it.
I agree it's very short for an open world game. But there are plenty linear games shorter to be fair.

Doesn’t sound like you did many of the side missions if you felt the last mission was still fairly early on in the game.

If you do most of the non-optional parts of the game you should at least get a good 20 hours out of it. I think charging full price for it was fair.

I've put quite a few hours into it because I always try to do side missions before really touching the story missions.

Doesn’t sound like you did many of the side missions if you felt the last mission was still fairly early on in the game.

If you do most of the non-optional parts of the game you should at least get a good 20 hours out of it. I think charging full price for it was fair.

I did every side mission, companion quest etc. the only thing I had left was a task where I had to model different armours for some clothes shop in Byzantium

Back