The Open Championship 2017

• Thread starter Deleted member 37772
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Is mcilroy anywhere near as good as people make him out to be?
yes, but just not in the last few months.

As McGinley always says he's a streak player, he's gonna have bad periods but then he'll come back and win two or three tournaments in a row. Been screwed with injuries this year.

Is there a bigger bellend in golf than Jordan spieth? The baldy f***ing twat takes forever on his shots, acts and looks like a 45 year old child.

Agreed for all he is superb, he takes a lot of the enjoyment out of it for me. Backs off from so many shots and putts.

Is mcilroy anywhere near as good as people make him out to be?

Yes he's won 4 majors and he's not 30 yet. To give you a comparison Faldo hadn't won any at the same point in his career and he's probably considered the best ever golfer from these shores. Unfortunately I think Rory will struggle with injury due to the huge stress he puts his body under.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes he's won 4 majors and he's not 30 yet. To give you a comparison Faldo hadn't won any at the same point in his career and he's probably considered the best ever golfer from these shores. Unfortunately I think Rory will struggle with injury due to the huge stress he puts his body under.

puts it in perspective, Faldo was a journeyman pro for years.

McIlroy is different class, if on his game can just blow the rest of the field away.

indeed... he has only birdied 5 of the last 7
This. A few posts bumped. If he can post a good score today and some of the later starters go out in the bad weather the leaderboard could get interesting

puts it in perspective, Faldo was a journeyman pro for years.

McIlroy is different class, if on his game can just blow the rest of the field away.
Hardly, he was a bit of a prodigy who had a reputation for blowing the chances he had in the Majors. One of the youngest ever Ryder cup players and 3rd on the Order of Merit when he was only 21.
He went away and worked on his technique for a year or two and came back a Major winner.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back