The Open Championship 2017

• Thread starter Deleted member 37772
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top class player but a petulant little shite.
Used that wayward shot to slow play right down, a club golfer knows those types of rules - should have been punished for that.
Getting his caddie to get the ball out the hole after knocking in a 30 foot eagle - he's not a likeable character but he doesn't care and will win a lot of majors.

I think he is, I like him.

Good to see a player win who is not just dependent on length

:lol: ffs man, what on earth are you talking about. Flash in the pan?

Best putter I've seen bar Woods, and that is what wins majors.

Give your head a shake man :lol:
Good putter but not a good driver and takes an age for everything he does. He wont hold up long term also. Tends to crack up mentally.

Good putter but not a good driver and takes an age for everything he does. He wont hold up long term also. Tends to crack up mentally.

He will, 3 majors by the time he is 23, Rory has 4 and is 5 years older.

Its great to see a player who isn't a long hitter beat the field.

Only needs the PGA to win the set, and he alread has a 2nd place in that last year.

He will, 3 majors by the time he is 23, Rory has 4 and is 5 years older.

Its great to see a player who isn't a long hitter beat the field.

Only needs the PGA to win the set, and he alread has a 2nd place in that last year.
We will see. Rory is just a far better golfer IMO

I like watching JS, makes mistakes but plays spme great golf too. You cant blame hom for the time on that wayward tee shot, r&a could easily have cost him tourno with one badly judged drop. Went in his favour with his recovery tho

We will see. Rory is just a far better golfer IMO

I think Rory has the most natural ability, he can smash it and when he's on form he can be unplayable. The problem is he can be quite inconsistent in his shots. He's great to watch though.
I think Speith is a more consistent golfer.

Last edited:
To be fair, Speith has won me over this weekend. Granted, he's slow and a bit of a pain to watch, and the carry-on on the 13th was borderline rediculous. However, after all that, to go and nearly hole his tee shot on the next then go 5 under for the next 4 holes was breathtaking.

His speech was honest and open and without all the bullshit you sometimes get... seems like a nice lad, imagine being him at 24 years old?

He'll do for me, I'm officially converted.

To be fair, Speith has won me over this weekend. Granted, he's slow and a bit of a pain to watch, and the carry-on on the 13th was borderline rediculous. However, after all that, to go and nearly hole his tee shot on the next then go 5 under for the next 4 holes was breathtaking.

His speech was honest and open and without all the bullshit you sometimes get... seems like a nice lad, imagine being him at 24 years old?

He'll do for me, I'm officially converted.

me no. He is playing robo golf - take 5 mins, get distracted, hit reset button, another 5 mins....call officials, get yer caddy to walk up and down. It is painful to watch, and surprised he is let get away with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back