The one man that is 100% to blame

yes that’s how business works.Man he’s a multi billionaire, one of the hardest hitting businessmen in the world.
You don’t take advantage of Ellis Short ... he just didn’t have the right vision or strategy or employ the right people to implement it and he had 10 years to get it right.

Ultimately he is to blame. I’m sure Short would be the first to agree.

I just think a lot of people took the absolute piss. Agents, players, managers and executives. If we pin it all on Short we miss all the important lessons.

Not even a mag would spunk the money he did on us to take us to the third division.

Good technical argument... in other words you haven’t got a scooby

SD has been cleaning up Shorts mess.... and has been going at it 18 months not 10 years

BSA wasn’t going to hang around and work for Short the way the club was ran

prove it

Have you listened to Methvens/Reid’s pod cast yet? Suggest you do, it might change your perspective on the younger teams

SD just wants to be a fan and please everyone...Methven is the better corporate communicator and will say the right things

Had we not got instantly promoted we would have broken the leagues financials rules. The resetting had to include slashing overheads to create a sustainable club
Okay no problem, last season we had a net transfer spend, including January of over -20 million.

Something's been up with the current owners since the playoff games. No big battlecry, no ticket selling push leading up to the Pompey home semi, just Methven's badly timed post playoff final comments. After that he vanished and everything was through Donald. Now Donald's vanished and we're listening to Methven.

I don't think everything this season is as big a disaster as some clearly do. Not going as well as it could be but we're not out of the picture, plenty of season to go.

I don't believe they haven't got a pot to piss in. I do think they're looking to maximise profit when it comes time for the sold signs to go up though, and that involves as little personal investment as possible.

The time we're having of it on the pitch a bit of unity behind the scenes wouldn't go amiss. Something's not right there though. It's reminiscent of Short losing interest. To go from the noises they were making last summer about how great the club and fans are, and the 100 points patter from Donald in the summer, to not turning up for talk ins or games doesn't inspire confidence it was completely genuine.
This is the problem atm. Fans don't know what's going on & they seem reluctant to tell us. So we start making stuff up & looking for scapegoats (as is only natural really),

We've managed to cobble together an investment amount of about £10m (I don't think they even confirmed this did they?) and yet there is still no noise about player signings, just a single comment about repairing a lift.

We're all hoping that FPP are looking to invest big if/when we go up; but it's just as likely that they'll take their investment back isn't it?

At least Short put money into the club and gave it a go, he was badly advised and put his trust in the wrong people. Was willing to cut his losses to get rid of us losing his billionaire status in the process (although I would have liked him to have done it a year earlier). The current fuckers look like they want to spend as little as possible to make the most as possible whilst bullshitting to us all in the present.

Nail meets head.

Whoopy do I was one out. So cup defeats don’t count. Your no supporter if you defend this sh*t.
I am a supporter so I will give the manager a chance, he wasn’t my choice for the job but will give him time. We are just outside the playoffs by a point not in the relegation zone

Love how some fans are suddenly experts at running a club, when they haven’t got a clue what our finances are like

Are finances are that good the police were told 4 weeks ago there presence would be scaled back as the club cant afford to pay the police force!! Just one example! Tin pot.

Are finances are that good the police were told 4 weeks ago there presence would be scaled back as the club cant afford to pay the police force!! Just one example! Tin pot.
Or maybe they are scaling the police back because we don’t need that many, if it’s even true

yes that’s how business works.Man he’s a multi billionaire, one of the hardest hitting businessmen in the world.
You don’t take advantage of Ellis Short ... he just didn’t have the right vision or strategy or employ the right people to implement it and he had 10 years to get it right.

Wrong again......You're everyday fan with limited info opinion is completely misguided....If you remember the Short years, then you'll know who were.
given you just added nothing but abuse to the argument... you just lost it.

really ...please prove that. Still doesn’t change the fact Short was a failure and put this club in league one.

no agenda mate, but you do make a good point I am just a run of the mill supporter basing opinions on what I know, and can see. Whilst applying the insight and knowledge I have for managing commercial organisations.
I think people conjure things up conspiracy style in their minds based on the same info, and I think that’s unjust.
I stand to be corrected by some fact to the contrary

Good try but we can’t all be brow beaten.
Again someone choosing to use selected information whilst ignoring most of context involved

It still makes your info very limited....

Last edited:
🤦‍♂️

...and who’s responsible for the succession off short term managers operating with previous managers panic buys. You know the unsustainable model for running a football club which saw us end up in the third division.
Answer that question honestly and you have your cause for 3rd division football

I never said he was blameless...but for the OP to lay it solely at Shorts door is wrong imo
Or maybe they are scaling the police back because we don’t need that many, if it’s even true

That's probably true and we will need less of our home support continues to dwindle
I never said he was blameless...but for the OP to lay it solely at Shorts door is wrong imo

That's probably true and we will need even less if our home support continues to dwindle

Last edited:
The blame doesn’t really matter now to be honest, it’s how SD reacts to the present that’s important.
We need to back Parkinson and SD in my opinion as they are here now, and are they only ones capable of moving us forward, if they don’t god knows what will happen.

At least Short put money into the club and gave it a go, he was badly advised and put his trust in the wrong people. Was willing to cut his losses to get rid of us losing his billionaire status in the process (although I would have liked him to have done it a year earlier). The current fuckers look like they want to spend as little as possible to make the most as possible whilst bullshitting to us all in the present.
In a f***ing nutshell on both counts .👋

What a load of f***ing shit
Because they are now being shown up for the chancers they are, probably gave Short the same bullshit Byrne gave Short into allowing her nigh on carte Blanche into running the club.Where on record,on files etc is the confirmation of cash deposits what these two have put into the club, or gave Short in order to take over? Transparency my arse, they’ve got it for nowt apparently paying Short out of Club parachute payments put into Madrox so they can’t be disclosed alledgedlly.The apparent Campbell deal fell through because as he stated they got greedy, no supporter would argue if they made a few million for their work but it seems to be a lot more.

Back