The one man that is 100% to blame

Nobody is 100%. Short, Bain, every manager going back to Moyes, the current owners, certain squad members all take a share of the blame.

However, there's nothing Short has been able to do for 18 months now, the current owners got a great deal on the best club in the league, it's upto them to sort it out.
Spot on.

Nah, not for me. He was however responsible for the inspiration behind the op's username.

My username was inspired over the usual seasons of relegation battles and having the great results over them lot obviously, whilst the 10 year tenure of Short owning the club I could also have given myself the username of withshortinchargeover10yearsweare32pointsworseoffthanall92footballleagueteams which clarifies my original point of post really.....but at least he paid his debt off eh

And you think that if we had an owner who could billions into a division 1 club would make it all right?.........you complete and utter helmet!

No, we are in league 1. I expected some investment into the squad in the summer though and the way we sold Maja with the way it played out through podcasts was an absolute embarrassment. Since then we’ve been about selling players to bring in frees. We paid off Cattermole and Oviedo over long term deals to get their wages down this year instead of just taking the hit ffs. So much for keeping them if theyre contributing. We were the envy of all the football league apparently, it’s all bullshit.

Hiring Phil f***ing Parkinson because he’s the stand out candidate & unanimous choice anarl, it’s a joke at the minute.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your wasting your time mate... rationality has long since walked out of the door on here.
The place is populated by a frightening culture of entitlement, an expectation of computer like instant gratification, a failure to see context or cause or understand consequence.
It’s an embarrassment.
Those that go to the match and support have my respect and deserve better.... but where we are is the
Catastrophic effect of failed leadership over many years hidden by throwing insane amounts of money at it to cover it up, until the money was stopped and how deep the rot was then exposed.
Credit to the people who have took it on, I wouldn’t have sunk the cost of a weekend in Seaburn into the club let alone tens of millions and enourmous personal commitment in terms of time and effort and a load of hassle.
They took it on to have the chance to make millions you sanctimonious clown , they’ve hardly put a penny of own money in . A year and a bit grief is the price they willing to pay to make a massive profit . Gone tits up for them though now , Americans will force them out and pay them little as absolutely possible. The sooner the better

Has anyone blamed the Zionist communist international banking secret societies yet?

It’s a result of gross mismanagement over at least 5-8 years imho.

Spending outside of our means to perpetuate a spot at the top table.

Doing a ‘Leeds’ instead of doing a ‘WBA’ but without the champions league.

The foundations were built on sand etc.

I still can't believe some on here can't see that Ellis Short is 100% responsible for where we find ourselves now and some are still thanking him for wiping out the debt THAT HIS OWN INCOMPETENCY created.
He should have sold the club on after a decade of development and improvement. His legacy should have been the best academy in the land providing a steady stream of first team ready players, and a scouting and recruitment team the envy of the Premier League. These things were in his remit to achieve.
Instead, he left a debt free basket case.
Thanks Ellis.

At least Short put money into the club and gave it a go, he was badly advised and put his trust in the wrong people. Was willing to cut his losses to get rid of us losing his billionaire status in the process (although I would have liked him to have done it a year earlier). The current fuckers look like they want to spend as little as possible to make the most as possible whilst bullshitting to us all in the present.

It's not monopoly mate. The current owners are spending within their own means. Not sure how that is baffling so many people. I 100% agree with the OP. The current ownership had tried to bail a sinking ship. Ellis 'gave it ago'. Christ almighty. Hence the relativity. SD and CM are 'giving it a go' within the constraints of the funds they have available. Its not rocket science.

Blame, blame, blame. Everyone is to blame. From the persistent negativity amongst the fan base, the ludicrous expectation to have things we do not have, the short termism, the managerial merrygoround, the top flight hangover, poor management, pink seats, queues at half time, the unnerving and grumbling silence of the SoL. You name it, we're all to blame. The cumulative rotten core.

For the situation that Sunderland are currently in is Ellis Short no question. Can anybody please explain to me why our current owners get so much abuse as you would think that they are the people that put us in league 1? All of this bitterness and hatred towards them doesnt make sense to me, there is a lot of people who forget or who choose to forget, a lot of people are quick to react to the here and now rather than think who put us here in the first place. There is vicious posts and threads on here with absolute no foundation, all aimed at the wrong people and that is a matter of fact
You aren't allowed to criticise Ellis shit on here even if you are 100% right . The man was a grade A con man .

My username was inspired over the usual seasons of relegation battles and having the great results over them lot obviously, whilst the 10 year tenure of Short owning the club I could also have given myself the username of withshortinchargeover10yearsweare32pointsworseoffthanall92footballleagueteams which clarifies my original point of post really.....but at least he paid his debt off eh

10 seasons in prem, some of the best players the club has ever seen, personally lost 100s of millions of pounds. I've no issue with the bloke, in fact I'm very grateful he tried. As for the current...

During the Short Regime, Which of the players were some of the best we ever seen?

Bent, sess, Gyan for me. Despite having seen the vast majority of the reid years, I didn't think I'd get to see players like gyan and sess play for us.

For the situation that Sunderland are currently in is Ellis Short no question. Can anybody please explain to me why our current owners get so much abuse as you would think that they are the people that put us in league 1? All of this bitterness and hatred towards them doesnt make sense to me, there is a lot of people who forget or who choose to forget, a lot of people are quick to react to the here and now rather than think who put us here in the first place. There is vicious posts and threads on here with absolute no foundation, all aimed at the wrong people and that is a matter of fact

He's been gone a while now.....

Back