The one gig you could have been at but weren't (had to have actually been able to attend)

The Smiths first tour at Rock City Nottingham.
Bought a ticket for a fiver, someone offered me a teener for it so took it.
Never did see them

Queen and Lizzy tour of USA 1977
AcDC with Bon Scott “Highway to Hell“ era 78 ?
UFO with Schenker - Obsession tour
Dan Reed Network / Mothers Finest Rock City Nottingham 90/91 ?
Madonna - Blonde Ambition / Like a Prayer tour
Prince - Purple Rain or Sign of the Times tour

In 1970 there was a double header at The Rink, Deep Purple and Free and various support acts.
I’d already seen Free a couple of times at the Mecca but had never seen Purple. Was really looking forward to it but got distracted by having to see a young lady.

Queen - St James Park - 1986. Had the chance of a ticket but said No thinking I could see them again on the next tour. Never got the chance...

Pink Floyd at Earls Court, 1994 (the one where part of the seating collapsed). Mate had a spare ticket but for some reason, lost in time, I turned it down. Idiot.

Pink Floyd at Earls Court, 1994 (the one where part of the seating collapsed). Mate had a spare ticket but for some reason, lost in time, I turned it down. Idiot.

We were all given a free ticket for the rearranged gig too. Turned out canny.

Pet Shop Boys at Wembley Arena in 1990 or 91. Had the ticket but didn't want to go so I didn't. Which kind of put an end to going out with my then girlfriend, Debbie. I hope she enjoyed it but she dumped me the next day so never found out.

Arctic Monkeys at Manor Quay stings a little bit.

And although I've seen them a number of times since, I've always kicked myself for leaving just before Chemical Brothers came on at Herrington Country Park.

Queen Barcelona 1986
Decided to stay out on the drink

Done that a number of times. Had a ticket, went out for some pre-gig drinks then either lost track of time or decided that the drinking was more fun. Never a missed football match through pre-match drinking though.

Promised tickets for Adam and the Ants (before they were big) somewhere in Durham (a Uni building?). Waiting in town for a lift through Durham when the "ticket man" turned up to say the tickets weren't forthcoming. Had to get pissed in Sunderland instead 🥴.

Last edited:
Scorpions in 1979. I would have loved to have seen that show but I decided I just couldn't be bothered a few nights before and got an offer. I never got to see them until years later and all my favourite songs were from their earlier career and I think they played one by the time I got to see them. Stupid

Promised tickets for Adam and the Ants (before they were big) somewhere in Durham (a Uni building?). Waiting in town for a lift through Durham when the "ticket man" turned up to say the tickets weren't forthcoming. Had to get pissed in Sunderland instead 🥴.
I was at that..one of the first ‘big’ gigs i went to..went on the Durham Book Centre bus..it was at the Dunelm Ballroom..part of Durham University.

1978 Blondie in Newcastle.
The choice that night was Blondie who only one of us had heard of or The Climax Blues Band who all of us had heard of, so we went to see the CBB. Next thing you know this unknown band Blondie were on TOTP and all over the charts with Denis Denis, the CBB were utter shite.
What we missed.

Back