The Olympic Torch is coming to Herrington Country Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be going past my house!! supposed to be away with work that weekend though. Something to take the bairn to at least!!

Don't worry, it is only one day in your lifetime.

Twist on 21:lol:

I don't think Sunderland bid for the games mate

Weren't we suppose to get the swimming events? and that was the reason for the pool at the SOL and for the Olympic village on the old sheepfolds site?

Well either way, London can ram it up their jacksy. :evil: f***ing torch!..:roll:

Kid over the road lost an arm and both his legs from meningitis and he will be doing a mile.

I will pop along to see him do it.

I like the Olympics and the torch and shit. It has been overtaken by big money etc etc but for most of the events, it's young people dedicating their lives to being the best in the world.

I won't watch that much but I think it makes the world a slightly better place.

Kid over the road lost an arm and both his legs from meningitis and he will be doing a mile.

I will pop along to see him do it.

I like the Olympics and the torch and shit. It has been overtaken by big money etc etc but for most of the events, it's young people dedicating their lives to being the best in the world.

I won't watch that much but I think it makes the world a slightly better place.
Never really cared for athletics like, I wont watch any of it.

Reet then this torch has 70 days of madness and thousands of miles to negotiate on its way to Stratford. Surely you would need a canny sized propane cylinder to keep it going. How do they keep it alight/refuel it?

Who'd have thunk it hey?

Thousands of blokes (including wor grandad for 50 years) toiled away underground at Herrington colliery and it's now a poncey country la-de-da park holding festivals and Olympic events.

Bring back the pit heaps!

Bring back heavy industry!

COAL NOT DOLE!

Coal is the FUTURE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back