The number 10/playmaker we need

He’s played most of his career wide and does his best work cutting in from wide.

Anytime he’s played in the centre for us he’s been pretty ineffective.
That’s been rarely with us.

I wasn’t saying do it by the way & I understand people’s views saying not to, but, he’s comfortablely good enough to do it in this league for us.

That’s been rarely with us.

I wasn’t saying do it by the way & I understand people’s views saying not to, but, he’s comfortablely good enough to do it in this league for us.

Exactly, rarely. The occasions he has, his ability has been wasted. Suits him more to go up against a full back imo.

He won't have spent the whole summer working on a formation that we will ditch whenever our best player is available. What would be the point of that?
Perhaps he’s spent the whole summer working on a formation we can use when our best player isn’t available

Perhaps he’s spent the whole summer working on a formation we can use when our best player isn’t available
He'd have to be the biggest absolute nugget ever for that to be the case considering that McGeady will play pretty much every week.

Rather than improving the way we play with the formation we used and seeing what improvements could be made to it, he thought that he'd concentrate everything on a formation that we'll rarely use. Haway man.

Really McGeady is the best player so it should be built around the likes of him rather than trying to shoehorn him in to a role he’s not as good.

Looking at our side it looks like we have quite afew we are just shoehorning in. Flanagan LCB, McLaughlin RCB, Gooch/Onien RWB.

Surely the obvious answer has to be McGeady....Far and away the best player in the division, quick feet, phenomenal striker of a ball and the footballing brain to bring others into the game and split defences.

We have other wingers (clearly not as good as he is) but a real threat/playmaker at number 10 to compliment the wingers we have would strengthen the team overall imho.

You mean the only plan Jack Ross has on attacking....Give the ball to McGeady?

This is hardly a revelation.

He'd have to be the biggest absolute nugget ever for that to be the case considering that McGeady will play pretty much every week.

Rather than improving the way we play with the formation we used and seeing what improvements could be made to it, he thought that he'd concentrate everything on a formation that we'll rarely use. Haway man.
Let’s see what formation he uses when McGeady plays @nd where he plays him

I'm not sure League 1 has any CAMs .Any player who can reliably hold the ball, pass the ball, run with the ball or shoot is playing at a higher level than League 1. Ross has to come up with a system that works with journeymen.
Ironically enough, one of Bolton's few remaining players Oztumer can do all of that.

Surely the obvious answer has to be McGeady....Far and away the best player in the division, quick feet, phenomenal striker of a ball and the footballing brain to bring others into the game and split defences.

We have other wingers (clearly not as good as he is) but a real threat/playmaker at number 10 to compliment the wingers we have would strengthen the team overall imho.
It’s the fans fault, you’ve said so on so many occasions

Back