The night sky

Whenever the sky is clear, I like to go into the garden, pick out a random star which can be seen with the naked eye and use Google to find out as much information as possible about it (usually after the wife's gone to bed and I've had a drink).

Tonight's random star was a very faint one within the constellation Cepheus. For anybody who doesn't know, the constellation is shaped like a house. The star I picked out is towards the bottom centre and is called HIP 107374 / HD 207198. This particular star is a blue/white luminous giant and is.. 2992.32 light years away... almost three THOUSAND light years away and we can still see it!

Absolutely mind boggling.
Don't want to sink your boat, it's all a hologram. The earth is flat, I read it on here, so must be true.

Whenever the sky is clear, I like to go into the garden, pick out a random star which can be seen with the naked eye and use Google to find out as much information as possible about it (usually after the wife's gone to bed and I've had a drink).

Tonight's random star was a very faint one within the constellation Cepheus. For anybody who doesn't know, the constellation is shaped like a house. The star I picked out is towards the bottom centre and is called HIP 107374 / HD 207198. This particular star is a blue/white luminous giant and is.. 2992.32 light years away... almost three THOUSAND light years away and we can still see it!

You're née Patrick Moore

Love a bit of Astronomy, it leads you down so many different scientific paths. To understand nuclear fusion in stars I memorised the 118 elements in the periodic table. I often recount them to the wife. She hates science, prefers Corra.

Love a bit of Astronomy, it leads you down so many different scientific paths. To understand nuclear fusion in stars I memorised the 118 elements in the periodic table. I often recount them to the wife. She hates science, prefers Corra.

You're still married? :eek:

That people believe eberything they read on google, pretty simple really
Looks like a wind up attempt to me. Come on a thread and insinuate that people are talking bollocks and being sucked in, without actually saying what. There are a few on here who do that a lot, try to lure people into defending what they have said without actually attacking it directly or offering an opinion themselves.

Perhaps I'm just misinterpreting what you said and this was a general comment unrelated to the discussion.

You should have applied for Stars in your eyes

Back