The Niall Quinn appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just never thought he wouldnt be at safc. What a legacy he is leaving though. Thankyou just doesnt seem enough somehow. :-(

Thanks St. Niall, enjoy whatever you are going to do. You have done so much for SAFC and truly are the 'big man'.

It's been emotional.

That glorious summer he took over wilth Drummaville will never be forgotten.

An SAFC legend in every sense of the word.

Dangly Ham said:
Today is genuinely the most poignant day in the history of this club, I think.

Facing oblivion, we looked destined for the scrap heap. Still paying off debts owed for big names in times gone by and the Academy of Light, Murray had reached the end of the road and there was no hope.

Fast forward six years and down to the kind heartedness of a bloke who fell in love with our club we are more stable than we ever have been. He came here with nothing - no business education or sense, no money and no experience, just bucket loads of faith, temperament and a sense that he owed the people of Sunderland something for taking him to heart when all others doubted him.

I can honestly say with my hand on my heart that Niall Quinn is the best thing that has ever happened for this club and our fans owe him more than we can ever give back.

The man deserves a knighthood and a statue.

Great post

Thanks Niall for believing in the club , the people, the area and most importantly yourself. Without that self believe we would have been like Sheff Wed.

Thanks for everything and remember you are always welcome so don't be a stranger.

Fuckin gutted to say the least,the club won't feel the same without him :cry: we should all chip in to get a statue of him put up outside the ground he deserves it more than anyone.

A legend and a gentleman. A very rare thing to find, thankful we found it

Thinking back to his testimonial safc v Ireland, how many players would be able to get their country to be involved for them? To give all the dosh to charity too, what a guy:cool:

A true legend and a fantastic magic carpet ride he's left for us to ride

I wish him every success for the future and never forgot what he has done for SAFC

Niall Quinn, possibly the finest person to walk this Earth, certainly in football anyway.
I was at Bristol Airport and saw the mark of the man. The passion he has for us was immense and I am fucked off that that last crowd we got while he was involved was piss poor.
No one in my lifetime has done more for the club than him, not a soul.
He is simply the best and he can still have one or both of my kidneys at anytime

Cheers Nail.. True gentleman!

Anyone else feel the low attendances of late and the exceptionaly low one on saturday might have tipped him over the edge?? Always quoted as saying he wanted full houses, and the place to be buzzing with excitement. Thats what he sold Ellis after all. And it just isnt happening :confused: dispite the form were in.

Cheers Nail.. True gentleman!

Anyone else feel the low attendances of late and the exceptionaly low one on saturday might have tipped him over the edge?? Always quoted as saying he wanted full houses, and the place to be buzzing with excitement. Thats what he sold Ellis after all. And it just isnt happening :confused: dispite the form were in.

No.

If God had to design the perfect ambassador for a football club from scratch, he'd save time and just use Quinny as a template.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back