The Niall Quinn appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is genuinely the most poignant day in the history of this club, I think.

Facing oblivion, we looked destined for the scrap heap. Still paying off debts owed for big names in times gone by and the Academy of Light, Murray had reached the end of the road and there was no hope.

Fast forward six years and down to the kind heartedness of a bloke who fell in love with our club we are more stable than we ever have been. He came here with nothing - no business education or sense, no money and no experience, just bucket loads of faith, temperament and a sense that he owed the people of Sunderland something for taking him to heart when all others doubted him.

I can honestly say with my hand on my heart that Niall Quinn is the best thing that has ever happened for this club and our fans owe him more than we can ever give back.

The man deserves a knighthood and a statue.

Couldn't of put it better, well said.

Felt a bit emotional when I heard MON's tribute which sums it up pretty well - "To me he is Mr. Sunderland and always will be".

Where would we be without him? Sad day but I guess he has more than done his job. Legend.

Thanks Niall. For what you did for us as a player and even more for what you did when you came back.

A true, modern day Sunderland legend.

It's just a shame the Sunderland public didn't give you a bit more support.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do next!

Saved our club from almost the oblivion - I thank you from the bottom of my heart, but not only for me, for all the future generations yet to come to understand what it is to be SAFC through and through, you understood it and made it happen, thanks again! (Dof's one's hat)

Legend and all round top bloke, meet him a few times and always as nice a person as you could meet. The last time I bumped into him was Dublin airport on way over to match. He was straight away offering free tickets to the match when he found out we were going over. Didn't need em but still, it was just typical of him.

Single handedly saved this club and helped drive us forward and enabled us to believe that we could become a force once again.

Will be sorely missed by everyone connected to the club.

The word legend gets bandied around too much nowadays but the big man personifies the word. From donating his testimonal money to charity, to being the man to take a risk on SAFC and convincing people that we were worth that risk.

Lets push forward this season, finish high up the league and win the FA Cup for Quinny!!!

The man is, and always will be an SAFC legend for what he did both on and off the field. Thanks for everything Niall.

He is part of the history of the stadium of light I think it would be a fantastic gesture to name a stand after him. Also wasn't it against arsenal where his takeover plan was coming into play, sure there was a call for fans to wear green for Niall, funny how things pan out.

I'm gutted :cry:

Thankyou for everything you have done, you came in and saved our club and helped us get to where we are today. The future looks very good, and that is down to you getting involved and taking a chance on us.

A true SAFC legend. I agree about naming a stand after him, its the least we can do

Niall Quinn - sunderland afc hero and legend - there will never be another like him, the amount of time and effort he has put into the club is amazing and we - the fans - cannot thank him enough.
Good luck with new business ventures and enjoy your family time but hope to see you at Wembley ;)

Can we re-name the new singing section the "Niall Quinn Sunderland Legend Stand"?

A great ambassador for the club, a great chairman, a great player and a great bloke.

Grown man cry shock !!!

Thanks Big Fella, for absolutely everything.

Cheers.:cry:

Tremendous bloke! Thanks for everything!

And as said, glad he left when club is doing well and in good hands rather than turning bad for him!

Wonder if he is moving to the South stand next year? :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back