The next James Bond will be ...

Agreed. I really like the first one, 2 was weak, then 3 stepped it up and they've been tremendous ever since. Rogue Nation possibly my favourite if I had to pick one
I've loved all 4 of the latest ones. They've had unique villains. Interesting plots. The stunts are amazing considering they are all really done by Tom Cruise and most importantly they get what makes an action movie exciting, things have to go wrong.

This is the plan, the plan falls apart, we adapt, lets see how they get out of this one.

Rogue Nations cold opening is the best out of the lot of them.... and I'm gonna watch it now.

Last edited:
I actually said when I first saw that I would pay good money to be on the outside of a plane like that,i wanted to wing-walk but exceeded the maximum weight,but that looks the next level.
The fact that Cruise does the stunts is amazing. They can get such close up shots cos its really him and it never has that CGI tint to it.

I mean in MI6 the HALO jump was unreal.

Hats off, You'd have to be a mad Scientologist to do stuff as crazy as that :lol:

The fact that Cruise does the stunts is amazing. They can get such close up shots cos its really him and it never has that CGI tint to it.

I mean in MI6 the HALO jump was unreal.

Hats off, You'd have to be a mad Scientologist to do stuff as crazy as that :lol:

He's off his nut. He does things that has Jackie Chan saying "are you f***ing serious?"

Isn't he now tee-total, f***ing PC bollocks
A Pepsi Cola with ice and a slice.

Shaken, not stirred
Tom Cruise had no expectations on him for the physical dimensions of Ethan Hunt. He does a brilliant job mind, the last few MI: films have been a cut above the Bond films that came out at the same time.

But Bond is tall. He was six foot in the books, when six foot was tall. If they'd made the films in the 50s they'd have cast Christopher Lee.
My missus is an avid reader of the Jack Reacher books and really can’t abide that they’ve ruined the films by casting Cruise who is the polar opposite of how she has perceived Reacher.

I’ll get round to reading them one day.

Last edited:
My missus is an avid reader of the Jack Reacher books and really can’t abide that they’ve ruined the films by casting Cruise who is the polar opposite of how she has perceived Reacher.

I’ll get round to reading them one day.

The books are all right - great fun while you're reading them, they do exactly what it says on the tin, not to be taken too seriously.

But so much is made of Reacher's physical stature that it's completely absurd to have Tom Cruise playing him. And I like Tom Cruise

The books are all right - great fun while you're reading them, they do exactly what it says on the tin, not to be taken too seriously.

But so much is made of Reacher's physical stature that it's completely absurd to have Tom Cruise playing him. And I like Tom Cruise
That’s her logic as well. From what she says it’s a key theme running through the books.

Back