The new Star Trek, Discovery starts next monday

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stephen cartwright

On Netflix.

Will this be shown on council telly anytime?

Seen a pic of one of the officers, who looks like he has two noses, with only one nostril

It's a netflix exclusive so won't be appearing on ITv in the near future. As a bit of a trekkie I was looking forward to this and have Netflix so no problems. Until I saw the trailer that is I wasn't over impressed with it. Mind I didn't like the first episode of Voyager and that went on to be my favourite of all the treks so I'll give this new one a chance and hope it's better than the trailer suggests.

All pre-release reviews were banned by CBS. That's not usually a good sign.

I watched the first episode of The Orville today. I'm not sure the Comedy Star Trek premise works tbh. Doesn't seem to know what it wants to be yet.

It's a netflix exclusive so won't be appearing on ITv in the near future. As a bit of a trekkie I was looking forward to this and have Netflix so no problems. Until I saw the trailer that is I wasn't over impressed with it. Mind I didn't like the first episode of Voyager and that went on to be my favourite of all the treks so I'll give this new one a chance and hope it's better than the trailer suggests.
How much is Netflix?

All pre-release reviews were banned by CBS. That's not usually a good sign.

I watched the first episode of The Orville today. I'm not sure the Comedy Star Trek premise works tbh. Doesn't seem to know what it wants to be yet.
I posted a thread about The Orville and got nowt but duck replies :lol:, seen it advertised during the NFL coverage and looked not bad

There's a load of great sci-fi knocking about at the moment as well. The Expanse season 2 is on Netflix this month and it's brilliant.

How much is Netflix?

I posted a thread about The Orville and got nowt but duck replies :lol:, seen it advertised during the NFL coverage and looked not bad

I felt less satisfied with them taking the mickey out of themselves rather than letting me do it. It's basically TNG with them saying in the programme what you're thinking.

There's a load of great sci-fi knocking about at the moment as well. The Expanse season 2 is on Netflix this month and it's brilliant.

I felt less satisfied with them taking the mickey out of themselves rather than letting me do it. It's basically TNG with them saying in the programme what you're thinking.
How much is Netflix? Do they offer a few month for half price, for a brand new customer?

How much is Netflix? Do they offer a few month for half price, for a brand new customer?

It's about six quid a month I think, more if you want more devices with it. Well worth it these days as there's loads of original programming on it. Daredevil, Defenders, Narcos, they've got new Rick and Morty as well, the documentaries are good.

7,49 if you want HD. First month free.
That's reasonable.

Do they have shows in a whole box set way, like you can get on sky?

Would not mind getting this star trek as a box set for free for a month.

That's reasonable.

Do they have shows in a whole box set way, like you can get on sky?

Would not mind getting this star trek as a box set for free for a month.

I think they're doing it serially unfortunately, one episode a week. I suppose if you wait til the end of the series you could get it all in a oner. I'd probably wait til the reviews are out.

Better Call Saul is now better than Breaking Bad imho.

Last edited:
It's about six quid a month I think, more if you want more devices with it. Well worth it these days as there's loads of original programming on it. Daredevil, Defenders, Narcos, they've got new Rick and Morty as well, the documentaries are good.
Much better than amazon prime. But spend ages looking for stuff to watch...

Is it mafe exclusively for/by Netflix or just licensed by them?
It's made by CBS, who hold the rights to Star Trek on TV. In the US they're putting it on their subscription only streaming service but pretty much everywhere else in the world gets it through Netflix. CBS actually boasted that the show was profitable before they started thanks to the Netflix distribution deal.

Never used it before.

Don't have any family who have it either.

I've seen adverts but never had the chance to actually use it. Yet

Thank you. Will have a look on there
I was surprised at the quality and lack of buffering watching it. I have crap broadband but netflix still runs great and looks hardly any different to ordinary tele. I pay the extra for the premium package because my 2 kids who have left home use it. I would just buy the cheaper package if it was only me using it. Try the cheaper option you can always upgrade at any time if it isn't good enough.

I was surprised at the quality and lack of buffering watching it. I have crap broadband but netflix still runs great and looks hardly any different to ordinary tele. I pay the extra for the premium package because my 2 kids who have left home use it. I would just buy the cheaper package if it was only me using it. Try the cheaper option you can always upgrade at any time if it isn't good enough.
Good tip, cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back