The new Star Trek, Discovery starts next monday

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a netflix exclusive so won't be appearing on ITv in the near future. As a bit of a trekkie I was looking forward to this and have Netflix so no problems. Until I saw the trailer that is I wasn't over impressed with it. Mind I didn't like the first episode of Voyager and that went on to be my favourite of all the treks so I'll give this new one a chance and hope it's better than the trailer suggests.
My god man Voyager...... really!:eek:

All pre-release reviews were banned by CBS. That's not usually a good sign.

I wasn't holding out much hope to begin with; prequels are rarely any good and with such a canon heavy show as Star Trek it's going to either get trapped or trip itself up from the start, there is an obsession with having young versions of old characters in which shrinks the universe to a stupid extent, and they are hamstrung with it looking way more modern than the shows it's meant to be set before

Is it mafe exclusively for/by Netflix or just licensed by them?

It's on one of the networks in the USA - CBS I think, possibly on demand exclusive at first. It's only a netflix exclusive outside of the USA.

That's reasonable.

Do they have shows in a whole box set way, like you can get on sky?

Would not mind getting this star trek as a box set for free for a month.

Most of their stuff is released a series (season to the yanks) at a time. The exception are shows like Star Wars where they're airing each week in the USA and they release them the day they air in the USA. Their own stuff, and their older purchased stuff gets put on like boxsets.

Netflix is the best value TV service there is IMO.

Better Call Saul is now better than Breaking Bad imho.

Not sure about that, but that last season was superb.

Last edited:
I did that for breaking bad, watched it in the first free month. I'm still to cancel about 3 years later.

Did the same but with House Of Cards, then ended up becoming addicted to Breaking Bad & Better Call Saul. Also did the same with Amazon Prime, started watching The Man In The High Castle and ended up being drawn into their other shows.

Did the same but with House Of Cards, then ended up becoming addicted to Breaking Bad & Better Call Saul. Also did the same with Amazon Prime, started watching The Man In The High Castle and ended up being drawn into their other shows.

House of Cards, that was addictive, watched the whole thing in about a month! I watch loads on Netflix. I have Prime too but don't think I've liked anything on there at all.

No reviews yet, but some people have seen the opening two-parter and the response is very positive indeed. Makes you wonder why the ban on reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back