The new bridge

Possibly, guess we’ll never know, would have hoped all that would have checked and signed off prior to delivery and the paint being applied now should also be within specification.

The council will be paying a company a lot of money to supervise the job on their behalf so hopefully they are carrying out all the necessary checks

There exists multiple possibilities that the coating spec wasn’t exercised correctly, but ultimately, the council, or their appointed representative should have picked this up.

Whatever the true cause, it’s delayed and considering it was on schedule in q1 2018, it shouldn’t now be late.

There exists multiple possibilities that the coating spec wasn’t exercised correctly, but ultimately, the council, or their appointed representative should have picked this up.

Whatever the true cause, it’s delayed and considering it was on schedule in q1 2018, it shouldn’t now be late.

How many weeks/months is it delayed by mate? What was the expected open date given by the Council?

Minor snagging works including completion of painting.
Will be opened before end of month, possibly for air show.
I am sure the main contractor will want to be off site.

Surely all they have to do is get a half dozen hefty lads to stand at one end and jump up and down a bit to see if it's knacked?

I could be a successful civil engineer with such revolutionary thinking.
They tested the queen Alexandra bridge by putting loads of steam trains nose to tail on the top and the Durham light infantry stood in the middle .

a couple of the knots in the rope holding up the bridge weren't pulled tight enough, so they've had to undo them and tie double knots in them, pulling them extra tight this time, i think the knot tying contractor even got his dad to give them an extra pull to ensure tightness. just cutting the raggy ends off with scissors now

Back