The National

Dint like cats.

On a serious note, I haven't gotten much of that from what I've listened to. Quite sparse really.

I can appreciate the sentiment but it shouldn't always be that hard.

For the record, I had the same opinion of Guinness when I was 15 as I do now - a middling pint of neither here nor there. A bit like The National really.
Its not a big pool he draws from but he tells a good story in a unique way.They do have a lot of stuff mind so its tough to drop into to see if you like them

As a top music connoisseur, musician and just a git cool fellow, I can verify The National are class.

My vote goes to 'Abel', I listen to it at a million decibels every time my plane comes into land and I always think to myself if we crash at least I'm going out in a glorious cascade of sound and glory.

Last edited:
Never heard of them

Judging by who likes them I’ll leave it
:lol:

Love lists me. Supposedly everybody has a little bit of autism in them - lists is mine.

The Beatles
Pixies
Wu-Tang Clan
Al Green
Talking Heads
John Coltrane
Neil Young
Happy Mondays
David Bowie
Fela Kuti
The Smiths
Arctic Monkeys
Arcade Fire
LCD Soundsystem
The Chats
James Brown
^List for people who pretend to know all about music

I'm kidding, I'm kidding, fuck if I want to see another 50 posts about people pretending to like something...

Last edited by a moderator:
emperors new clothes ,hipsters with beards and sleeve tatoos like them so they must be great......errr...no they are shyte!

place with courteeners under "has our music scene in the uk reall got this low !"

Can the next roses ,clash,pistols,oasis type original band who are rehearsing in a garage somewhere please get a move on and save us ,it comes around in 20 yr circles a guitar band that saves ,we are due one this year....

Says a lot more about you than the last 20 years of music.

If you’re waiting for the next ‘Oasis’ as you’ve not liked anything since them, then I pity you

Says a lot more about you than the last 20 years of music.

If you’re waiting for the next ‘Oasis’ as you’ve not liked anything since them, then I pity you

As much as I liked Oasis at the time (and still enjoy them, but to a lesser extent) I had to laugh when he said we needed another 'original' band like them.

Definitely. Guitar music is fucked if they're the best band in the world. Them and Interpol and all the other dreadful dullards are the nails in the coffin.
I watched that documentary a few years ago and the only good thing about it was the singer's brother who shot the thing. He came across as full of humility and genuineness, while the band just seemed like arrogant bores.

Calling Interpol dull when you've got that avatar is a good one. Arctic Monkeys have never produced anything half as good as Turn on the Bright Lights.

The last album is excellent mind. Rest is pretty shite in the main though.
I love some stuff on AM, but aye it's only the last one that I've really bothered with. It's brilliant. Interpol couldn't come up with anything as creative and beautiful if you locked them in a studio for infinity.

Calling Interpol dull when you've got that avatar is a good one. Arctic Monkeys have never produced anything half as good as Turn on the Bright Lights.

Back