The National

Discussion in 'SMB' started by chunkylover53, Jan 10, 2019.

1. dangermows

dangermows Striker

I shall check it out later as Im not aware of it.

Not enjoying Guinness or The National. Some hands dealt are harsh as fuck :(

chunkylover53 and HABA87 like this.
  2. HABA87

HABA87 Winger

zwartekat likes this.
  3. chriswallace85

chriswallace85 Striker

I'll live.

4. JAZZMANB

JAZZMANB Striker

Its not a big pool he draws from but he tells a good story in a unique way.They do have a lot of stuff mind so its tough to drop into to see if you like them

5. chriswallace85

chriswallace85 Striker

I've tried several ways... albums in full, Boxer live in full, song recommendations from on here, Spotify top ten etc etc and I've seen the buggers live. They're just not my thing like.

JAZZMANB, HABA87 and dangermows like this.
  6. alicante mackem

alicante mackem Striker

As a top music connoisseur, musician and just a git cool fellow, I can verify The National are class.

My vote goes to 'Abel', I listen to it at a million decibels every time my plane comes into land and I always think to myself if we crash at least I'm going out in a glorious cascade of sound and glory.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  7. mini-x2

mini-x2 Striker

Tidied.

8. The Lonious Monk

The Lonious Monk Midfield

:lol:

^List for people who pretend to know all about music

I'm kidding, I'm kidding, fuck if I want to see another 50 posts about people pretending to like something...

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  9. James

James Striker

What's your view on them pal?

The Lonious Monk likes this.
  10. Cracking band. My favourite is still probably the first track of theirs I heard.....Bloodbuzz Ohio.

11. The Lonious Monk

The Lonious Monk Midfield

Hit or miss for me. I like some of their songs but not really my cup of tea. I did like the EL VY project a lot, though.

12. The soap powder

The soap powder Goalkeeper

should be banned the poor horses having to jump them huge fences !!!

13. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Midfield

Says a lot more about you than the last 20 years of music.

If you’re waiting for the next ‘Oasis’ as you’ve not liked anything since them, then I pity you

dangermows likes this.
  14. dangermows

dangermows Striker

As much as I liked Oasis at the time (and still enjoy them, but to a lesser extent) I had to laugh when he said we needed another 'original' band like them.

15. Fat White Family released a new single yesterday, album to follow in April. They will save music

16. MarcoG

MarcoG Striker

Calling Interpol dull when you've got that avatar is a good one. Arctic Monkeys have never produced anything half as good as Turn on the Bright Lights.

17. dangermows

dangermows Striker

The last album is excellent mind. Rest is pretty shite in the main though.

18. Guitar Man

Guitar Man Reserve Squad

i do like a few new bands but what i'm on about is stadium sell out guitar bands oasis/roses were the last

19. Why does stadium sell out matter?

Oh and for the record, they weren’t the last

Muse
    Arctic Monkeys
    Coldplay

Not that I particularly like any of them.

20. I Stand Alone

I Stand Alone Midfield

I love some stuff on AM, but aye it's only the last one that I've really bothered with. It's brilliant. Interpol couldn't come up with anything as creative and beautiful if you locked them in a studio for infinity.