The National

New album any good boys n girls? Will call in to buy it later (hopefully the queues not too big). Going to put Sunday night aside for it :cool:

I promise you, it will be worth it

They’re magic live

Didn't realise they were touring. Just got a couple of seats in block closest to the stage (happy days).

Last edited:
New album any good boys n girls? Will call in to buy it later (hopefully the queues not too big). Going to put Sunday night aside for it :cool:
Different. I haven't had the chance to listen to it all but there seems to be a fair whack of filler. It's very heavy on the guest vocals.

Oblivions is jumping out at me. Absolutely belting.

Rylan too, although familiar already from it being played for years. Sounds like the Lightning Seeds at the start. :eek: It's good fun though.

Light Years is beautiful despite some dubious rhymes (park/dark).

Different. I haven't had the chance to listen to it all but there seems to be a fair whack of filler. It's very heavy on the guest vocals.

Oblivions is jumping out at me. Absolutely belting.

Rylan too, although familiar already from it being played for years. Sounds like the Lightning Seeds at the start. :eek: It's good fun though.

Light Years is beautiful despite some dubious rhymes (park/dark).

Be strange if it's a lot of filler mind as pretty much every album they've done is excellent in my opinion.

Mind I'd be disappointed if they didn't do a large proportion of their old material.

Last edited by a moderator:
Be strange if it's a lot of filler mind as pretty much every album they've done is excellent in my opinion.
16 tracks, over an hour running time. Very much a break from their standard 12 ish tracks.

I'm not buying into the choir bits but I'm yet to listen to it as an album.
Just a skip around in the car as per usual. :rolleyes: Which isn't how one should digest a long player, but needs be.

Their back catalogue is class mind.

They are looking very polished live mind.

The National Perform 'You Had Your Soul With You'

Never seen them live but that's cracking. My worry is how they are in bigger venues. He doesn't have the strongest voice (not as a criticism, that's the style). Thought they were disappointing at Glastonbury.

16 tracks, over an hour running time. Very much a break from their standard 12 ish tracks.

I'm not buying into the choir bits but I'm yet to listen to it as an album.
Just a skip around in the car as per usual. :rolleyes: Which isn't how one should digest a long player, but needs be.

Their back catalogue is class mind.

That's the key I think, needs to be listened to as a whole to judge. Well that's how it is with me.

Last edited:
Never seen them live but that's cracking. My worry is how they are in bigger venues. He doesn't have the strongest voice (not as a criticism, that's the style). Thought they were disappointing at Glastonbury.
The 2010 (??? other stage, High Violet time) set is class.

But when they booled out onto the Pyramid stage before Sleep Well Best was released and played mainly that they were always on a loser IMO. Fair play to them for doing what they want mind.

Edit - 2017
Sea of Love
Fake Empire
The System Only Dreams in Total Darkness
Walk It Back
Guilty Party
Day I Die

I Need My Girl
England
Bloodbuzz Ohio
Mr. November
Terrible Love
Turtleneck

Mistaken for Strangers
Anyone's Ghost
Bloodbuzz Ohio
Slow Show
Squalor Victoria
Afraid of Everyone
Conversation 16
Abel
Apartment Story
England
Fake Empire
Mr. November
Terrible Love

Last edited:
The 2010 (??? other stage, High Violet time) set is class.

But when they booled out onto the Pyramid stage before Sleep Well Best was released and played mainly that they were always on a loser IMO. Fair play to them for doing what they want mind.

Was more the lack of power to their sound, couldn't hear him on vocal. Prefer bands doing their own thing. It's what makes Radiohead great. But aye, perhaps if you don't know the songs it's not going to help.

Back