The Moyes Love In

Could not believe how he waved the white flag virtually before a ball was kicked.
You were doomed from that very day.

Still would have him over Sheridactyl - takes shite managers to the very highest level possible.

He’s an excellent football manager who did a bad job here. It’s as simple as that really.
Excellent? Over egging it there mind. Excellent? Really?

Typical Sunderland that such a brilliant manager decided to stop being excellent when he arrived with us mind ;)

He’s decent. He’s not a bad manager at all, but excellent? :eek::)

Having a good season with the hammers, although it’s a season a lot of the top clubs are doing their best to implode and only 3 points clear of 8th who’ve 2 games in hand. Let’s see where they finish. You’d think they’d already finished in the Champions league the war some pundits are going on.

Excellent? Over egging it there mind. Excellent? Really?

Typical Sunderland that such a brilliant manager decided to stop being excellent when he arrived with us mind ;)

He’s decent. He’s not a bad manager at all, but excellent? :eek::)

Having a good season with the hammers, although it’s a season a lot of the top clubs are doing their best to implode and only 3 points clear of 8th who’ve 2 games in hand. Let’s see where they finish. You’d think they’d already finished in the Champions league the war some pundits are going on.
Like O'Neill, McMenemy, Advocaat its not just Moyes that saved their worst for us tbf. i said excellent, you said decent the truth is probably half way between the two. You are talking about this season as if last season never happened.

partly because while he managed Everton and West Ham, they have been sensibly ran football clubs who created an environment to do what he does best.
He was also good at Preston by the way.

It’s absolute fallacy and denial to blame David Moyes for anything that has gone wrong at SAFC. It’s also quite embarrassing.

Had Moyes managed us under Bob Murray, but with a bit of transfer budget we could have replicated Everton or West Ham. He could have been a perfect successor to Peter Reid for example had the timings worked.

Every inch a ‘Sunderland’ manager but NOBODY was coming in and saving us by the time he arrived. Not even Allardyce long term. Allardyce isn’t long term, he’s an Elastoplast.

Get over it. Move on. DM clearly has

He essentially swapped Kaboul for Djilobodji and M'Vila for N'Dong. He somehow managed to lose money on the deals before they went on strike.

Darron Gibson’s issues were familiar to anyone with an interest in the game. You didn’t need to have previously managed him to know he was an accident waiting to happen. Luckily nobody was hurt when that came to a head.

We were a basket of a club for years before he arrived. The fact he managed to leave us with our biggest headaches after he walked away is a remarkable achievement.

He was a basket case of a manager when he was here. The fact he's turned it around is a remarkable achievement.

Both facts can be true at the same time. David Moyes is Schrödinger's c**t.

partly because while he managed Everton and West Ham, they have been sensibly ran football clubs who created an environment to do what he does best.
He was also good at Preston by the way.

It’s absolute fallacy and denial to blame David Moyes for anything that has gone wrong at SAFC. It’s also quite embarrassing.

Had Moyes managed us under Bob Murray, but with a bit of transfer budget we could have replicated Everton or West Ham. He could have been a perfect successor to Peter Reid for example had the timings worked.

Every inch a ‘Sunderland’ manager but NOBODY was coming in and saving us by the time he arrived. Not even Allardyce long term. Allardyce isn’t long term, he’s an Elastoplast.

Get over it. Move on. DM clearly has
That's only your opinion on how good you think he was, I've no doubt "he's over us" but then who wouldn't be "over us" with the payout he got, getting rewarded handsomely for failure never endears anyone to the people who spend their hard earned watching the shite they produce,,,, if he was as good as you say, he would have kept us up with the squad he inherited

That's only your opinion on how good you think he was, I've no doubt "he's over us" but then who wouldn't be "over us" with the payout he got, getting rewarded handsomely for failure never endears anyone to the people who spend their hard earned watching the shite they produce,,,, if he was as good as you say, he would have kept us up with the squad he inherited
I don’t think he was good with us at all. I don’t think he did any better or worse than any alternative would have done either.

To look at our squad, first team on paper - as bad as I think it was - is simplistic. The club was rotten to the core. Professionalism, attitude, standards, the whole culture. Doomed. Big Sam breathed a bit of temporary fight in but we were sinking. The players didn’t want to be here, fans, manager, board…everyone knew we weren’t going to cheat the inevitable any longer. Should he have come out and said what he did so early in the season? Probably not. Did it make one iota of difference to what was about to unfold? Of course not. Easy to lash out at Moyes though isn’t it?

Most disgusting, defeatist individual ever associated with SAFC in living memory.
Never wanted to be here, was allegedly a real negative misery behind the scenes and few staff had any respect for him. Took the money though!
Awful, arrogant man who has a brother, Kenny, who is an agent (his son became one too when he was at Man Utd) and who has been in a lot of trouble for his practices. Be interesting to know if he was responsible for all the decrepit ex Everton shite he brought in, including the moron Gibson who demolished half of Dykelands Road, Fulwell pissed out of his brain on a Saturday morning prior to a home fixture.
Epitomised the farcical Moyes reign completely.

Last edited:
Like him or as most do or hate him he’s been extremely successful as a manager. Sunderland should never have appointed him, our fault, he should never come come, his fault, and Sunderland should never have allowed his disinterest soul to stay as long as he did. But to blame him completely….he’s proven he’s a top manager elsewhere our club was a joke all round that season. Move on all.

I don’t think he was good with us at all. I don’t think he did any better or worse than any alternative would have done either.

To look at our squad, first team on paper - as bad as I think it was - is simplistic. The club was rotten to the core. Professionalism, attitude, standards, the whole culture. Doomed. Big Sam breathed a bit of temporary fight in but we were sinking. The players didn’t want to be here, fans, manager, board…everyone knew we weren’t going to cheat the inevitable any longer. Should he have come out and said what he did so early in the season? Probably not. Did it make one iota of difference to what was about to unfold? Of course not. Easy to lash out at Moyes though isn’t it?
Yes, it's very easy, he was a f***ing disgrace, no fight in his tenure that's for sure,
If he was as good a manager as you make out he could of still made something of that squad,
His whole demeanour dragged everybody down

The thing is, I agree that relegation was inevitable the way we had been run, so if Moyes had left no stone unturned in pursuit of keeping us up, used inventive recruitment strategies, been upbeat and positive in the media and bought into the club I'd have wished him well and held no ill feelings towards him.

But even in the job he moaned that he walked on the training pitch on the first day and realised he had a huge job on his hands, declared us in a relegation battle after two games, he signed his mates from United and Everton and treated the club with contempt from day one. For those reasons I will always regard him as my least favourite Sunderland manger, he didn't just phone it, he thought he was doing us a favour by lowering himself to sit in the dugout for a year.

He essentially swapped Kaboul for Djilobodji and M'Vila for N'Dong. He somehow managed to lose money on the deals before they went on strike.

Darron Gibson’s issues were familiar to anyone with an interest in the game. You didn’t need to have previously managed him to know he was an accident waiting to happen. Luckily nobody was hurt when that came to a head.

We were a basket of a club for years before he arrived. The fact he managed to leave us with our biggest headaches after he walked away is a remarkable achievement.

He was a basket case of a manager when he was here. The fact he's turned it around is a remarkable achievement.

Both facts can be true at the same time. David Moyes is Schrödinger's c**t.
What about Lescott too...£1m for 30 mins football

Moyes seems like he can’t handle pressure. When he is expected to achieve something he can’t (titles at Man Utd, survival at SAFC)

When there’s no pressure and he’s at a club expected to hang around 7/8th position, he’s decent.

Can't stand him. We had had a good finish to 2015-16, especially with the Chelsea & Everton games, and I don't think I've ever felt so deflated after I heard his comments after the Boro home game in 2016-17 - the first home game of the season after a half-decent effort at City ffs. Doing well at WHU, but finding myself wanting them to lose because of him.

Not sure how they are using us ending up in league one as some sort of positive reflection of him like, he played a canny part in it:lol::eek:

Well, quite. Everton and Man Utd jobs only prove that he's really good at taking a club that are solid and unlikely to be relegated and getting them to 7th.

He's doing well at West Ham because they have enough money and profile (mainly from being based in London) to realistically expect to stay up, and are quite happy with a manager who gets them top half.

It wasn't his fault that we were in a bad state when he took over but to suggest he was anything other than a failure in that job is just weird. But it's got people talking about that no mark Twitter account which is no doubts the main aim

Back