The most influential figure that Sunderland have had since the 70s

• Thread starter Deleted member 45378
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 45378

Here is a good debate....who has made the biggest impact on Sunderland since the 1970s ...here are a few suggestions
Bob stokoe ...twice managed the lads brought us Fa cup glory
Jimmy Montgomery...our best keeper since the world wars ...record appearance maker...
Gary Bennett...in a place that wasn't famed for its tolerance levels.in strode Gary Bennett ...not to mention a quality player and a cult hero
Bob Murray ..hated by the fans at points but brought in Reid and drove the Sol dream
Peter Reid ...we were in dire straits until Reid come along....he gave us wonderful football and united us
Niall Quinn....player manager chairman legend
Kevin Phillips ...golden boot winner and all round goal machine

Who would get your vote and have I missed anybody off....Gary Rowell perhaps??

I'd probably have Defoe in my top 3.

Quinn would be top of my list though.

I'm 27 (born '91) so some of the names listed were before my time.

Here is a good debate....who has made the biggest impact on Sunderland since the 1970s ...here are a few suggestions
Jimmy Montgomery...our best keeper since the world wars ...record appearance maker...
Gary Bennett...in a place that wasn't famed for its tolerance levels.in strode Gary Bennett ...not to mention a quality player and a cult hero
Bob Murray ..hated by the fans at points but brought in Reid and drove the Sol dream
Peter Reid ...we were in dire straits until Reid come along....he gave us wonderful football and united us

Kevin ball

Murray. Had the vision to get us out of Roker Park which was way past its sell by date. That moment I walked up one of the gangways of the north stand to see the SoL for the first time took my breath away. That was down to him, It kick started SAFC.

Murray. Had the vision to get us out of Roker Park which was way past its sell by date. That moment I walked up one of the gangways of the north stand to see the SoL for the first time took my breath away. That was down to him, It kick started SAFC.
very true... the combo of reid and murray had immense influence.

Has to be Bob Murray, without his vision and audacity we would be little more than a Burnley, Norwich,Sheffield Utd, etccc;)

Back