The metro

You only live in jesmond mate , most of that is students , don’t get above yourself ;)
Oh I’m not exactly in The Hamptons but it always seems to be in the likes of Brockley Whins. I’m sure the place is just a drawing on the side of a train tunnel. I’ve never known anyone from there, get off or on there and I’ve never driven through there seen it on a map or seen it other than through a train window.

Here you go, fill your boots....

Here you go, fill your boots....

They are getting less than other drivers on similar transport systems.
All they are wanting is the same - and why not??
The Metro is losing staff in big numbers by all accounts, all down to their T's and C's.

They are getting less than other drivers on similar transport systems.
All they are wanting is the same - and why not??
The Metro is losing staff in big numbers by all accounts, all down to their T's and C's.

Less money than other train companies, longer shifts, longer driving stints, more signals to deal with, having to deal first hand with punters, ensuring that punters board and alight safely... All stuff that metro drivers have to contend with that drivers from other companies don't.

And that's just stuff off the top of my head. I'd like to go into more details but it wouldn't be worth it. Sufficient to say that drivers are leaving in their dozens for other companies. Yet nexus do nothing about it.

Less money than other train companies, longer shifts, longer driving stints, more signals to deal with, having to deal first hand with punters, ensuring that punters board and alight safely... All stuff that metro drivers have to contend with that drivers from other companies don't.

And that's just stuff off the top of my head. I'd like to go into more details but it wouldn't be worth it. Sufficient to say that drivers are leaving in their dozens for other companies. Yet nexus do nothing about it.

They don’t drive proper trains though

Exactly - and Nexus are "astonished" over this refusal.:lol:
Cue the usual punters on here now - who will say that the drivers wages are excellent for what they do all day etc etc :rolleyes:

They don’t drive proper trains though

:lol:

Yet they drive on network rail infrastructure. And are paid a fraction of the wage that people doing much easier jobs in exactly the same infrastructure receive.
Exactly - and Nexus are "astonished" over this refusal.:lol:
Cue the usual punters on here now - who will say that the drivers wages are excellent for what they do all day etc etc :rolleyes:

The language used by management has been ill thought out at best. It's just succeeded in doing the opposite it was supposed to.

And I get the argument that metro drivers are paid a good wage in relation to the north east average. That's not what is being contested. The argument is that they want a wage rise in line with the rest of the industry. Not even parity, by the way. Just a competitive wage with drivers doing easier jobs.

Last edited:
Kinnell. Its not a job i'd fancy, but 46k sounds good to me. Though i'm comparing to working on a building site 7 years ago.

I'd say any job where you have to deal with the public should have some sort of premium to a similar job sans public.

I imagine driving rolling stock that never works must be a bit of a pisser as well.

I imagine driving rolling stock that never works must be a bit of a pisser as well.

It's absolutely shit mate. A reet pain in the arse jumping in your train not knowing if it's going to get you to the next station or not.

My favourite is when you kick people off a knackered train then get verbally assaulted or spat at while you're checking the train. That's always good.

Or when you're left with some drugged up clown on your last train who, when you wake him up, realises that he's missed his stop half an hour ago then kicks off with you. Or, even worse, attempts to assault you. They're always good n'all.

All stuff that drivers from other train companies don't have to put up with, by the way.

Back