The metro

One person's idea of taking the piss is another's idea of fighting for what they believe is right. But that's just my opinion, of course.

The change of terms and conditions are pretty much a requirement for the implementation of the new fleet. Which of course was not written into the original contracts signed at the start of employment.

So, basically, they have to change them. But of course changing the terms and conditions in a negative way must result in some form of incentive. The stand off is just how much that incentive should be.

Out of curiosity, what are those changes?

Out of curiosity, what are those changes?

Without wanting to go into specifics, the start and finish time will me amended, the sign on points will change considerably and the shift patterns will also change for the worse.

Basically, the shifts that are already pretty rank will get much worse. So, the unions are simply asking for a fair remuneration to reflect these changes. They're also asking for the overall salary to be addressed at the same time, to stop the haemorrhaging of staff to other TOCs seen over the last 12 months.

It's not as simple as the media have portrayed it. As per usual.

Without wanting to go into specifics, the start and finish time will me amended, the sign on points will change considerably and the shift patterns will also change for the worse.

Basically, the shifts that are already pretty rank will get much worse. So, the unions are simply asking for a fair remuneration to reflect these changes. They're also asking for the overall salary to be addressed at the same time, to stop the haemorrhaging of staff to other TOCs seen over the last 12 months.

It's not as simple as the media have portrayed it. As per usual.

I’m not trying to wind you up here, but, are the specifics things like:

Different starting locations? Like the temp depot?

How are the shifts going to get worse? Are you required to work a longer working week/month?

Also, with regard to the union line about wanting to stop staff moving, who exactly is the union representing?

Metro or the workers?

Because that last line seems very telling to me and the reasons for wanting more cash. The union should not be making decisions for its members based on trying to protect the organisation, in my opinion.

I’m not trying to wind you up here, but, are the specifics things like:

Different starting locations? Like the temp depot?

How are the shifts going to get worse? Are you required to work a longer working week/month?

Also, with regard to the union line about wanting to stop staff moving, who exactly is the union representing?

Metro or the workers?

Because that last line seems very telling to me and the reasons for wanting more cash. The union should not be making decisions for its members based on trying to protect the organisation, in my opinion.

You're not winding me up but I really can't go into any more detail mate TBH, sorry. It'll all come out in the wash though hopefully.

Although obviously the unions are representing their members... Maybe my wording was a bit misleading. They're asking for the wages to be realigned closer to the drivers of other TOCs who have easier jobs, less hassle and better shifts. All reasons for why metro has lost so many good members of staff to other companies within the last year or two.

So what's stopping you marra? - They are recruiting by all accounts.
Hopefully they get their T's & C's sorted out - so future drivers (like you) can enjoy decent wages etc.
But what there is a danger of is scabs joining the workforce and doing the job for the shite T's and C's that the drivers are enduring at the moment - because they think it is a good wage.
My CV is an absolute bombsite :lol:

Back