the metro

Got my motorbike mod2 test on the 2nd hopefully not long after that I’ll never have to worry about the shite service again. I was baking and packed in like sardines on the south hylton train this afternoon.

It’s a shit service , getting worse if that is possible . Disgrace if no timetable mind

In fact I’m stuck at Pelaw now , metro problems on Sunderland line, again

I don't bother reading the timetable these days. I get to the platform, find a space & stand/sit until a metro turns up. I regularly go Jarrow - Shields and the electronic board displays the time & nowt else. It hasn't displayed info on the next metro for months now.

Anyone know if they applied to the government for the £500m or so needed to update the rolling stock? Read an account recently about how the trains are kept together with the proverbial belts and braces. No money to update the rolling stock was the account I read.

Anyone know if they applied to the government for the £500m or so needed to update the rolling stock? Read an account recently about how the trains are kept together with the proverbial belts and braces. No money to update the rolling stock was the account I read.

They got a third of the money they need to replace the rolling stock from central government, I’m not sure where the rest is coming from but they do have the money to do it. There going to be slightly less than there currently is though so I’m not expecting big changes. They can’t run any more frequently on the shared sunderland line and the infrastructure needs a major update too.

Bloody hell are they still pulling these stunts?
You did well to get out mate

Surely it wouldn’t cost that much to put in place a fairly direct cycle route linking Sunderland to Newcastle ?? I would cycle it then

It would also free up couple metros if they binned the Newcastle - pelaw service , its pointless , both shields and Sunderland metros pass pelaw anyway , it serves no purpose and is always empty and delays the Sunderland metro which always gets stuck waiting for it to pull away from pelaw

Last edited:
They got a third of the money they need to replace the rolling stock from central government, I’m not sure where the rest is coming from but they do have the money to do it. There going to be slightly less than there currently is though so I’m not expecting big changes. They can’t run any more frequently on the shared sunderland line and the infrastructure needs a major update too.
They got the full whack in the form of direct funding and an additional amoutn for replacing the sheds at South Gosforth as well

Nexus

You did well to get out mate

Surely it wouldn’t cost that much to put in place a fairly direct cycle route linking Sunderland to Newcastle ?? I would cycle it then

It would also free up couple metros if they binned the Newcastle - pelaw service , its pointless , both shields and Sunderland metros pass pelaw anyway , it serves no purpose and is always empty and delays the Sunderland metro which always gets stuck waiting for it to pull away from pelaw
They’re packed on a morning from Monkseaton to the city centre, of course at Pelaw they’re practically empty as most people get off by Heworth.

Saw them making excuses to why we don't get any services later then 23:15 from Newcastle.

Ridiculous that we can't have a slightly later weekend timetable

Back