the metro

Seems that the Metro are reducing their timetabled service by over 40% at rush hour from the end of May.

This should be fun.

Logon or register to see this image

That is in response to the new timetable where the timed services have been removed and replaced with a footnote stating that additional services run at peak time and you need to check the platforms for details.

Seems that the Metro are reducing their timetabled service by over 40% at rush hour from the end of May.
one assumes this is a cost cutting exercise, but not exactly the right move in the current circumstances - i guess if you run less trains, then there are less things to go wrong so you're missed targets statistics should look better?

one assumes this is a cost cutting exercise, but not exactly the right move in the current circumstances - i guess if you run less trains, then there are less things to go wrong so you're missed targets statistics should look better?

Totally - they've raised prices and reduced timetabled services at rush hour by 40% - you couldn't make it up

More like that they need to take the trains out of service to fix them. The rolling stock is fucked.

This should be fun.

Logon or register to see this image

That is in response to the new timetable where the timed services have been removed and replaced with a footnote stating that additional services run at peak time and you need to check the platforms for details.

A reduced service will be a nightmare. The trains will be packed by the time they hit central station

More like that they need to take the trains out of service to fix them. The rolling stock is .

It's a joke

They will have an internal timetable - they have to for staffing, train prep etc - but refuse to pulish it? How can that even be allowed?

A reduced service will be a nightmare. The trains will be packed by the time they hit central station

They whacked the prices up and have reduced the service - how does that even work?

It's a joke

They will have an internal timetable - they have to for staffing, train prep etc - but refuse to pulish it? How can that even be allowed?

They whacked the prices up and have reduced the service - how does that even work?
I think they are covering their arses somewhat. If you check the disruptions bit on the website at teatime, it's generally saying that there are 6 out of 10 short services running because of trains in to be repaired. They will probably running similar but just not guaranteeing the times when they are running.

I think they are covering their arses somewhat. If you check the disruptions bit on the website at teatime, it's generally saying that there are 6 out of 10 short services running because of trains in to be repaired. They will probably running similar but just not guaranteeing the times when they are running.

Oh yeah, there's no doubt in my mind they will endeavor to run the services - but they don't want to be tied to them.

Fundamentally though, that is very wrong. They need to be held accountable - not celebrate amazing statistics when passengers are in reality being left on platforms.

There's a very real possibility that should something go wrong with a time tabled service that you may have to wait 24 minutes for a rush hour train. That would be unacceptable.

Oh yeah, there's no doubt in my mind they will endeavor to run the services - but they don't want to be tied to them.

Fundamentally though, that is very wrong. They need to be held accountable - not celebrate amazing statistics when passengers are in reality being left on platforms.

There's a very real possibility that should something go wrong with a time tabled service that you may have to wait 24 minutes for a rush hour train. That would be unacceptable.
If anything goes wrong on a train I need, it's a 24 minute wait as I can't get a short service one.

It’s a shit service , getting worse if that is possible . Disgrace if no timetable mind

In fact I’m stuck at Pelaw now , metro problems on Sunderland line, again

Amazing communication as normal

'Various problems system wide'

Oddly one including an emergency landing at the airport. No idea why that would affect them like.

Back