The Masons

• Thread starter Deleted member 5265
  • Start date

Most normal men dont wear white gloves and carry pool balls around,or roll their trouser legs up,well maybe if the budgie's died.
Define normal? People collect stamps. People do up cars. People bird watch. People do all sorts. There’s no real definition of what’s ‘normal’. If people are happy and aren’t doing any harm, good for them.

Does anyone still join the Masons?

I'm very curious to know if the Masons are still a thing. Obviously I'm a lass so it's by design telling me to fuck off. Relying on the overwhelming maleness of the SMB to give me some good intel here.

You can join an Inner Wheel of a Rotary Club I think.
Or there's a University of the 3rd Age (U3A)

The titles some of these masonic things have are mental.
Grand Provincial Worshipful Lodge Master 3000 or something

Some people do need help to get a leg up in life. That’s a fact. Nowt wrong with it. Whether by the social security, charity, scholarships, nepotism, old boy networks, masonryism etc. Though some won’t admit they have received help. Some hide it away. Some even look down on beneficiaries of other types of help. Now they are real genuine 100% arseholes.
Me? I’m a self made failure.

Was it one of those ‘magic 8’ billiard balls that make decisions for you?
It was a white ball which i found odd as i always thought black balling was their thing,mind you there could of been a black ball in there anarl for all i knar as i didnt quite see everything in the brief case.

There are some wild theories and opinions on here (and people in general).

There’s been a couple of lads offering to answer questions, if anyone has any genuine interest.

May dispel some myths, may change some opinions, may not ....

I get the impression it’s an organisation for working class types who have done quite well and need to be validated by similar people.
I've only known about one person I knew who was a Mason. He was our boss and that made him very special so he would make sure he told us that, multiple times a day, just in case we forgot. I was working in a civilian role in the police and he was a detective sergeant, and that made him really special, so he would make sure he told us that too.

He had done quite well, making a bit of cash by writing and flogging a bit of software, and in the days of litigation, lets just say he give the appearance of a person who spent all day running his private business and doing development while under the employment of the government. He would deny it one minute, then ask me for help with his code the next - but that was in a break. One day I knocked up a quick utility to make a job in the office easier, he was quite impressed, and asked for a look at the code. 2 days later, the latest release of his 'private business' software had a feature that looked remarkably identical. But he had written it himself.

Anyway, he was also a Mason and being a boss, Mason, DS, made him really really really important as he had position, power and contacts. He told us how much money he made and how important he was really really often.

Odd really, because I thought he was a complete knob and a bit pathetic. If someone is single, lives alone but needs two BMWs, plus a range rover and has to constantly remind people how great they are, it does suggest more than one thing is lacking in their life and physical attributes.

I've only known about one person I knew who was a Mason. He was our boss and that made him very special so he would make sure he told us that, multiple times a day, just in case we forgot. I was working in a civilian role in the police and he was a detective sergeant, and that made him really special, so he would make sure he told us that too.

He had done quite well, making a bit of cash by writing and flogging a bit of software, and in the days of litigation, lets just say he give the appearance of a person who spent all day running his private business and doing development while under the employment of the government. He would deny it one minute, then ask me for help with his code the next - but that was in a break. One day I knocked up a quick utility to make a job in the office easier, he was quite impressed, and asked for a look at the code. 2 days later, the latest release of his 'private business' software had a feature that looked remarkably identical. But he had written it himself.

Anyway, he was also a Mason and being a boss, Mason, DS, made him really really really important as he had position, power and contacts. He told us how much money he made and how important he was really really often.

Odd really, because I thought he was a complete knob and a bit pathetic. If someone is single, lives alone but needs two BMWs, plus a range rover and has to constantly remind people how great they are, it does suggest more than one thing is lacking in their life and physical attributes.
Well you don't have to be a mason to be a knob..

Chances are you know many more they just dont go telling everyone

ive actually witnessed a fella pack a billiard ball and a pair of white gloves into his cheap plastic brief case before setting off for his lodge.The trouser leg issue is hearsay.
They put pool balls into a sock and hit people with it. This renders them unconscious and when they wake up they find out they have no money, but are members of the Free Masons.
The only other thing that they notice is a cheap black plastic briefcase the knars

Back