The Masons

• Thread starter Deleted member 5265
  • Start date

Apparently used to be a good club to join for those struggling to get anywhere in life,nudge nudge wink wink. :lol:
Apparently - but I would say due to non truths and rumours.
Never known anyone to get further/promotion/bunk-up in their working life due their Lodge membership in my experience of it.

Does anyone still join the Masons?

I'm very curious to know if the Masons are still a thing. Obviously I'm a lass so it's by design telling me to fuck off. Relying on the overwhelming maleness of the SMB to give me some good intel here.
Canny Pub in warkworth and amble
Nurthumblund hot bed of maysens
Never known anyone to get further/promotion/bunk-up in their working life due their Lodge membership in my experience of it.
You want to get out more
Seen it loads of times
Like a form of nepotism

Last edited:
Just the rumours i used to hear 20-35 years ago,like you say probably over hyped by those thinking they were going places by being members.

i know of a lad who got done out of a big claim when his foot ended up pointing the wrong way at work because it would have caused conflicting interests between two lodge members. i think another poster on here may be able to verify this. it was quite common knowledge at the time.

i know of a lad who got done out of a big claim when his foot ended up pointing the wrong way at work because it would have caused conflicting interests between two lodge members. i think another poster on here may be able to verify this. it was quite common knowledge at the time.
Interesting.
Where was this like?

Back