The Mandalorian.

Have to watch The Clone Wars (The Bad Batch), The Mandalorian and The Book of Boba Fett as a collective - same creative team, interconnected stories.
It's also clever marketing/commercial viewpoint as live action appearance of a fan favourite from the animated series = a low hanging fruit to get SW fandom excited.

I was quite surprised at how much I enjoyed Clone Wars and The Bad Batch. The Anakin Skywalker was a much more interesting character in CW and the final two episodes that tied into the events of ROTS and the fight between Ashoka/Maul/the Clone Troopers onboard the star destroyer was really good.

Anyone think the new ship is just wrong? A short range fighter. He lives on his ship and in the first episode had 5 bounties in carbonite. Now he doesn’t have space for 5 bounty bars. It is like he has traded a big American style camper van for a smart car.

Anyone think the new ship is just wrong? A short range fighter. He lives on his ship and in the first episode had 5 bounties in carbonite. Now he doesn’t have space for 5 bounty bars. It is like he has traded a big American style camper van for a smart car.

So the inter-weaving theme between TBoBF and The Mandalorian will be two bounty hunters leaving that life behind.

Big old post here

For me the Luke & Grogu stuff was absolutely marvellous. Probably my favourite thing thats been done since the original trilogy. I have ignored the sequel films since TLJ, especially how Luke was portrayed in that. So seeing him here actually as the character was originally intended is so brilliant. And seeing him training Grogu just as Yoda did was great. As far as I’m concerned Luke trains Grogu and many more, bucks Ashoka and lives a happy life. Nee Kylo Ren or Rey ruining it for him.

Great episode and That cowboy villian was f***ing terrifying anarl :lol: The only issue is I couldn’t care less about Boba Fett now. Mando is the top boy and has stole the show.

Also the de-age effects have come a long long way. As impressive as Tarkin and Leia were in Rogue One there was something really empty about them. Luke looked much better in this than the last Mandalorian episode.

Going out on a limb and making a wild guess re defensive vs offensive

Armour or Light Sabre for Grogu?

Guessing he will take the path of the armour with Mando, and cut short his training with Luke.
Also ties in with why Grogu doesn't die in the great purge of the academy.

Going out on a limb and making a wild guess re defensive vs offensive

Armour or Light Sabre for Grogu?

Guessing he will take the path of the armour with Mando, and cut short his training with Luke.
Also ties in with why Grogu doesn't die in the great purge of the academy.

I think that choice is inevitable. Luke to return Grogu to Mando just as he and Bobba are in a skirmish and Luke helps out. Probably recreating a previous famous scene.

Another enjoyable episode but like last week it didn't feel like it belonged in a Boba Fett story.

Its getting right on my nerves how many 'earth' things are in it though. We've had the Mos Vespas, Fett being called mate by a cockney and now we have a Wild West Marshal and Deputy having an Eastwoodesque gunfight versus the scaryfucker with no name.

Use some imagination man

Another enjoyable episode but like last week it didn't feel like it belonged in a Boba Fett story.

Its getting right on my nerves how many 'earth' things are in it though. We've had the Mos Vespas, Fett being called mate by a cockney and now we have a Wild West Marshal and Deputy having an Eastwoodesque gunfight versus the scaryfucker with no name.

Use some imagination man

He doesn't need a name because
SW fans know him from the Clone Wars, Bad Batch, etc.

Cad Bane

Enjoyed that
I’ll second that, caught up tonight. Series finally delivering & the title character isn’t part of that…
Also the de-age effects have come a long long way. As impressive as Tarkin and Leia were in Rogue One there was something really empty about them. Luke looked much better in this than the last Mandalorian episode.
Didn’t they hire the lad who put out the far superior YouTube deep fake version 2 of the mando series 2 finale - then industrial light & magic hired him to work for them full time?

I was well impressed, and think they balanced the screen talk vrs offscreen vrs wide angle to not over do the deep fake effect.

Do they use something similar on the voice over?

Last edited:
The Final Chapter out today, longer than the usual run time.

Lots of action, but overall, somewhat disappointing.

Highlight for me was that
the old Boba still wasn't fast enough to beat Cad Bane, but the "new" Boba caught Cad Bane by surprise and defeated him.

Grogu scenes were cute but as expected.

Scene at end credits, good but not as good as the one for the end of the Mandalorian season 2.

Back