The Mandalorian.

I’ve been avoiding this thread since November. I signed up to Disney+ for a month and watched it with the kids over Christmas, finishing it yesterday. Great series and a load of nice touches. I liked the daft things like R5D4 appearing and having marks around the bit where his head blew.

I’m hoping the next season is more about the home planet and the dark sabre legend. I think there is only so far they can take the story of him being a struggling working mum, without it being too much of the same repeating.

I’ve just finished watching Battlestar Galactica, so good to see Katee Sackhoff pop up again.

Balled like a baby at the ending :oops: :lol: What a great season.
It wasn't really though was it. Canny repetitive formula, retracing steps from the first series.

Look at the episode where he got the Fett armour from Olyphant's ridiculous cowboy small town Sheriff. Why didn't Fett just gan take it from him? Sackless. Fett surviving, and losing his armour in the first place - sackless.

Fat X-Wing pilots rockin' up and writing tickets in between doughnut runs - sackless.

That manly wrestling tart - awful character.

Loved Luke rockin' up, but that's about it. And in true Disney fashion even that was toned down. It's no accident that he only had to face a bunch of rubbish robots so his moral compass couldn't be called into question.

I’m currently working my way through the Clone Wars series. Quite surprised me this, it’s very good.

The episodes that feature Mandalorians and Mandalor culture have been a great way to help understand them.

Some interest characters throughout the series, Ahsoka Tano, Asajj Ventress, clone troopers Rex, Fives, Pirate leader Hondo, Mandalor leader Duchess Satine are the ones off the top of my head.

Anakin Skywalker is quite interesting and is not as annoying as played by Hayden Christensen.

Jar Jar Binks - still very irritating.

Up to series five and latest episode I’ve seen involved an impressive fight between Maul and Darth Sidious.

It's because it's naff, and over reliant on fan service.

That's Star Trek.

Yes there are a lot of familiar elements in the series, but they're always used in new and intersting ways imho. They're not just thrown at you as a distraction.

won't post the daily mail link, because it'll give you cancer... but it seems disney have converted an abandoned quarry in buckinghamshire into a star wars film set for the next three years, at the displeasure of all the nimby's.

the article claims its for the forthcoming filming of kenobi, but i've a feeling that its the andor series.

won't post the daily mail link, because it'll give you cancer... but it seems disney have converted an abandoned quarry in buckinghamshire into a star wars film set for the next three years, at the displeasure of all the nimby's.

the article claims its for the forthcoming filming of kenobi, but i've a feeling that its the andor series.
Likely both as both are stand alone series. May have something else in mind too if it's 3 years as would surely only need 6 months a piece for each series

really enjoyed it, first series shaves it for me though as it felt more episodic. Disney have made some massive blunders since they took over the IP however this is (with Rogue 1) for me the stand out by a mile.\

I even think Favereu intentionally stuck up his middle finger to The last jedi with the series 2 ending

Well, the bairn and I have just finished watching season 2 and I've just about peeled him off the ceiling 😂. I have also stopped crying 😪🤭...it broke my heart to see Grogu stroke Mando's face before he left with a triumphant Luke, I hope we see our little cutie again FFS.
That's got to be one of the best shows ever man, perfect entertainment 😎.

Well, the bairn and I have just finished watching season 2 and I've just about peeled him off the ceiling 😂. I have also stopped crying 😪🤭...it broke my heart to see Grogu stroke Mando's face before he left with a triumphant Luke, I hope we see our little cutie again FFS.
That's got to be one of the best shows ever man, perfect entertainment 😎.
Absolutely brilliant stuff

Yup it was amazing, honestly my bairn screamed when he saw the green light saber man, I started crying then FFS (but bawled my eyes out even more at Mando handing over Grogu). It was just the best ever, I've avoided this thread for ages but jumped straight on it so I could express my sheer delight ♥
Be you are the bairn enjoyed it. Certainly brought back the star wars I knew and loved as a kid

Back