The Mandalorian.

Quite looking forward to this....
this looks pretty good too...

although not sure about...

more intune with this thread - rosario dawson gets her own series (fingers crossed the lars mikklesen is involved)...

Logon or register to see this image

Jesus... I'd have thought they wouldn't have come near the plank of wood that is Hayden Christensen after Episode III, and II for that matter.
to be fair... its more like he's reprising the role David Prowse, rather than Hayden Christensen... and like the green cross code man, i would expect the voice over to be someone else (James Earl Jones at a push if he's not too old?)...

Last edited:
the fount of all star wars knowledge in this household, the bairn... reckons this should be the best thing disney have announced today...

Will be a bit weird if they have Obi Wan and Darth Vader cross paths in this, I thought the whole gravitas behind the death star battle scene was because they hadn't seen each other since the duel in RotS?

disney fails with star wars the closer it gets to the skywalker story ark, for some reason its just too toxic for the fans (not for me personally mind). its like a grown-man who never gets over being dumped by their first love...

the fount of all star wars knowledge in this household, the bairn... reckons this should be the best thing disney have announced today...

disney fails with star wars the closer it gets to the skywalker story ark, for some reason its just too toxic for the fans (not for me personally mind). its like a grown-man who never gets over being dumped by their first love...

Yeah it's always going to be messy when they try it, I'm looking forward to watching it, just intrigued as to how they will make it all tie together. A Kenobi series (with the prequel actors) is clearly aimed at long time fans of the films.

Certain groups of fans have such an attachment to the original trilogy, so anytime they come out with something that adds a different perspective on events or introduce a storyline that doesn't fit in with what we've been led to believe in the originals, then it's going to ruffle feathers. One of the great strengths of the Mandalorian is that it can stand on it's own two feet with barely a mention of the jedi/force, especially the first series.

I agree with you the Jedi nerds will be on their knees crying :lol:

Personally so long as we get a good show to watch, I don’t really care. Also I think the Jedi fans are probably a bit miffed that Star Trek has been casting a shadow over them for a long time. Even though I am a Trekkie deep down, I still love watching all types of sci-fi so long as it has a good story etc.

Yeah it's always going to be messy when they try it, I'm looking forward to watching it, just intrigued as to how they will make it all tie together. A Kenobi series (with the prequel actors) is clearly aimed at long time fans of the films.

Certain groups of fans have such an attachment to the original trilogy, so anytime they come out with something that adds a different perspective on events or introduce a storyline that doesn't fit in with what we've been led to believe in the originals, then it's going to ruffle feathers. One of the great strengths of the Mandalorian is that it can stand on it's own two feet with barely a mention of the jedi/force, especially the first series.

Disney view is probably the needs of the many [millions of dollars] outweigh the needs of the few [pennies]....

Decent episode. Another filler, sorry, transitional story :)
i thought that was fun, the bill barr character was much more enjoyable than his first appearance.

bit im confused about though, when the uk papers picked up a lone twitter user peddling a story that pedro pascal had walked earlier in the year because Jon Favreau & Dave Filoni refused him permission to appear without the helmet... what gives there?

still, should be a decent last episode.

it’s potentially brilliant - the Jedi in their pomp, could be loads of Sith kicking around as well depending on how far back it’s set

Is it not set in the time of the "High Republic" approx 300 years before The Phantom Menace???

I'm sure the comics are released this month. I was going to get them for the bairn but I find it £15 a comic OTT.

Will be a bit weird if they have Obi Wan and Darth Vader cross paths in this, I thought the whole gravitas behind the death star battle scene was because they hadn't seen each other since the duel in RotS?

I suppose the last time Vader sees Kenobi it's Kenobi who comes off best, so there's scope for another meeting.

Back