The makeup of the bench is strange

Even though PP has explained it, the logic he used still seemed a bit odd.

Basically, it came down to having to choose between Declan John and Conner Mac for the fullback/wingback cover.

All three of the starting centre backs are right footed and have played a lot of football at right back so there are options there if Luke got injured and in the games we have needed to change the rwb PP has slotted Gooch in there.

Having a left footer on the left is key to the way that flank operates so I would think that Declan John would be a more useful sub.

Basically, it came down to having to choose between Declan John and Conner Mac for the fullback/wingback cover.

All three of the starting centre backs are right footed and have played a lot of football at right back so there are options there if Luke got injured and in the games we have needed to change the rwb PP has slotted Gooch in there.

Having a left footer on the left is key to the way that flank operates so I would think that Declan John would be a more useful sub.

It’s a fair point you make.

Each to their own but I think we've seen enough of C McLaughlin to know he's pretty turd. Our recruitment is an absolute cluster fuck.

OP makes a good point tbf but Parkinson is getting more right than wrong so let him get on with it. If we do lose though I'm going to use it as a stick to beat Parkinson with (lol)

Last edited:
Each to their own but I think we've seen enough of C McLaughlin to know he's pretty turd. Our recruitment is an absolute cluster fuck.

OP makes a good point tbf but Parkinson is getting more right than wrong so let him get on with it. If we do lose though I'm going to use it as a stick to beat Parkinson with (lol)

5th top and climbing Rocko and wa hengin on to the young un's who wanna play for the Blunders....

Apart from that.....Bang on

Parkinson deems that Gooch and O’Nien can offer cover for Hume, McLauglin on the bench (in theory) can replace Willis, Flanagan, O’Nien or Hume (with a reshuffle). John doesn’t offer that same flexibility.

I wouldn’t necessarily do the same (as I think Bailey Wright could be shifted to either of the wide CB positions and Ozturk brought in) but it makes sense and I can see the logic.

Last edited:
rangers wouldn’t sign players who had a beard, either. Iirc.
An odious club. They make me sick tbh Stevie
5th top and climbing Rocko and wa hengin on to the young un's who wanna play for the Blunders....

Apart from that.....Bang on
Aye I've just Parkinson is right. Recruitment is crap. We've lost more good younguns than we keep.

Keep your head buried Mary lad. There's a good lad

Last edited:

Back