The Lyle MacDonald rapid fat loss diet.

Lewberry pie

Striker
Anyone tried this, I'm not using it I just reading it and wondered if anyone had any thoughts on it, in the book he states he thinks rapid fat loss isn't optimal but accepts people want quick results to keep dieting.

Thoughts ..

It's a 'protein sparing modified fast'. There's more to it ofcourse, but it's low carb, low fat, high protein. The book is canny
From some of the discussions on here I landed on his web site and I found it very interesting, plus he backs up his recommendations with evidence.

It was good to read that there isn’t any point forcing yourself to do squats for example if your body mechanics aren’t suited to doing the exercise. McDonald has a common sense pragmatic approach for the non athlete.

What is his approach. Out of interest
It's basically protein and carb free veg or salad, with vitamin d, calcium and omega 3. Then depending on your fat level, days off the diet to eat what you want and extra cheat meals.

It's not a bad diet but it's not long term either, its based on the fact people won't bother being healthy long term so shows how to get fast results without ending up binging and worse than you were before.

It's basically protein and carb free veg or salad, with vitamin d, calcium and omega 3. Then depending on your fat level, days off the diet to eat what you want and extra cheat meals.

It's not a bad diet but it's not long term either, its based on the fact people won't bother being healthy long term so shows how to get fast results without ending up binging and worse than you were before.
It's a 'protein sparing modified fast'. There's more to it ofcourse, but it's low carb, low fat, high protein. The book is canny

Think I'll stay on the pie and pint diet and just run more :D

One of the best healthy eating plans is Sly Stallone’s book Sly Moves.

You can get it for a fiver on Amazon and can’t recommend it enough. Goes into detail about most diets and that they’re all flawed in one way or another.

One of the best healthy eating plans is Sly Stallone’s book Sly Moves.

You can get it for a fiver on Amazon and can’t recommend it enough. Goes into detail about most diets and that they’re all flawed in one way or another.

Every diet is flawed because even if you were allowed to eat your favourite meal all the time you'd soon get sick of it.

I'd rather be more active than eat dead clean. Why il never have a six pack 😂

Back