The Lowest Point in SAFC's History- But Do Not Despair

• Thread starter Deleted member 27897
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27897

Before I begin, just as a disclaimer this thread is not pouring scorn or a downer on the appointment of Phil Parkinson.

I read Rodger's pinned notice earlier where he criticized the way some have behaved on this board. The negativity, unrest and frustration has been quite severe. He's obviously never experienced the like before.

It has to be said that it is all a bit telling. Right now, we are living through the lowest moment of SAFC's entire history. Over the years we've experienced some absolutely horrendeous shite, especially the veterans amongst us. But statistically at no point have we seen it "this bad". It's really taking its toll on people, and sending this place in turn into new lows. We're all a bit depressed, uncomfortable and anxious.

Still, we have to hold it together as a fanbase and not "lose it" collectively, our support is what makes us special and until we gave up the flame of support, SAFC is not going to die out. Phil Parkinson might seem underwhelming at first glance, but this is a realistic reflection as to where we are now. He knows the lower leagues well, he has a proven track record of getting out of this league with clubs in much worse circumstances than ours. Under Ross, we couldn't hack it against the physical sides and "grind out" wins where needed, herein is the difference.

Rather than going for something flashy, ambituous (but unproven) such as Super Kev, the board have made a safe and practical appointment which gives us a very good chance of getting out of this league. He needs the support of this board, he needs you at the games, it's time for us to reset. Hope is not lost.

Last edited by a moderator:

What it boils down to is this. Last year we thought SAFC had hit rock bottom. They hadn’t, we only thought it. I have no idea if this truly the bottom and we are now looking up, only time will tell. But whatever happens the support (which is a huge huge part and identity of the club) has to remain positive.

Before I begin, just as a disclaimer this thread is not pouring scorn or a downer on the appointment of Phil Parkinson.

I read Rodger's pinned notice earlier where he criticized the way some have behaved on this board. The negativity, unrest and frustration has been quite severe. He's obviously never experienced the like before.

It has to be said that it is all a bit telling. Right now, we are living through the lowest moment of SAFC's entire history. Over the years we've experienced some absolutely horrendeous shite, especially the veterans amongst us. But statistically at no point have we seen it "this bad". It's really taking its toll on people, and sending this place in turn into new lows. We're all a bit depressed, uncomfortable and anxious.

Still, we have to hold it together as a fanbase and not "lose it" collectively, our support is what makes us special and until we gave up the flame of support, SAFC is not going to die out. Phil Parkinson might seem underwhelming at first glance, but this is a realistic reflection as to where we are now. He knows the lower leagues well, he has a proven track record of getting out of this league with clubs in much worse circumstances than ours. Under Ross, we couldn't hack it against the physical sides and "grind out" wins where needed, herein is the difference.

Rather than going for something flashy, ambituous (but unproven) such as Super Kev, the board have made a safe and practical appointment which gives us a very good chance of getting out of this league. He needs the support of this board, he needs you at the games, it's time for us to reset. Hope is not lost.

You said ‘safe’ appointment, and that’s all it is.

I think the owners just want to steady the ship for now in case their is no investment. We would be embarrassed on and off the pitch if we went up. The owners know this, so while the club is still looking for investment, I think they’ll be happy for us hovering around the play off places.

The fans are deflated and a lot have lost trust in the owners. There’s bound to be a bit moaning!

Back