The London thread

And with everyone else heading down to Devon and Cornwall, this summer could be a good time to visit London.

Just been looking at some hotel prices for a few days in July. Prices are still quite high now so I think I will leave it until the last minute. London always has loads of late availability especially if you aren't too fussy and just want somewhere to crash.
On the basis that it takes about the same amount of time to travel to Devon and Cornwall as it would to fly to Cuba I doubt people in the NE will be all that keen. It's possible that it might not be that different in London if lots of people are thinking the same way as yourself. Even if they aren't having full-blown holidays people in England and the UK who can't holiday abroad might consider a few days in London with it being so easily accessible.

On the basis that it takes about the same amount of time to travel to Devon and Cornwall as it would to fly to Cuba I doubt people in the NE will be all that keen. It's possible that it might not be that different in London if lots of people are thinking the same way as yourself. Even if they aren't having full-blown holidays people in England and the UK who can't holiday abroad might consider a few days in London with it being so easily accessible.

you're comparing car journey to a flight time though. flights to cornwall exist

you're comparing car journey to a flight time though. flights to cornwall exist
True but I think most people would probably take the car so they could get about once they're there. Not quite the same as going somewhere for a beach holiday despite the weather being better than the NE.

I’m hoping to get to Gauthier Soho in the summer but depends if I can get a table the night before my flight back. Don’t suppose anyone on here has been since it became vegan?

Which pubs are people planning on going to for the playoffs? Both games will be inside right? What’s a good pub that’ll have the match on?
Wait and see what the London branch organise. I am assuming the Old Red Lion at Angel, or Southwark Brewing Co if they're willing to open on a day they're usually shut.

Just booked a weekend in London for the end of June. What with no overseas visitors there are some excellent hotel deals to be had.

Me and the missus celebrate 8 years together on Saturday so she’s booked us a table at Sagardi.

Would be looking forward to it if she’d hadn’t booked for 7pm, giving me less than an hour in theory to make a pig of myself before the match
Congrats pal, make sure you insist on no starters or desserts, has to be sides with the mains. In and out job.

Back