The London thread

It's a beautiful city mate, grimy and worn in a few places but beautiful nonetheless 👍

Yeah, like i said from what i can remember it seemed like another planet, but in a good way, this small town lad got to see the bright lights and loved it, i do hope to visit again some day, if i ever won the lottery i would be right down their no worries, seems to be the fashionable place to be, plenty to enjoy, missed the tate last time i was down so would love a look in their, and one or two other places.

Went to Kew Gardens Christmas Lights last week. Wasn't sure how impressive a few lights could be, but it was absolutely amazing. Partner booked tickets for it months ago, can see why it was in such high demand.
It’s refreshing to know we have same sex couples posting on this board as well. Might be slow but we are making progress and long may it continue.

I haven't been to London since mid-February when in normal times I'd be there about once a month. If I ever had a spare day with nothing better to do there was nothing better than getting the train down (only an hour from Cambridge) for a random beery wander around town. Such a huge place that is constantly changing that you never run out of new things to do.

I haven't been to London since mid-February when in normal times I'd be there about once a month. If I ever had a spare day with nothing better to do there was nothing better than getting the train down (only an hour from Cambridge) for a random beery wander around town. Such a huge place that is constantly changing that you never run out of new things to do.
I might actually pop into the city today, as you said there's always something new to see and do 👍

Is The Church, Electric Brixton, London | Party Earth still a thing? I used to go when it was in Kings Cross. Leaving at about 3pm and staggering around London rat arsed, getting on the wrong tube, ending up at some new BFF's place for more beer that could be anything from a mansion to a squat was just a normal Sunday. No way could I last the pace these days.
😂
The Church owned by a few Putney brits started off in The Greyhound on Fulham Rd in the early 80s. Late 80s after the locals got sick the original Church owners moved to Willesden or Harlesden (white lion?) that was the last time I went. At the same time a rival church opened up in KX up York Way, I nivver went to that one. I can’t remember the pub name but can picture it in me heed. The KX one being Aussie iirc owned and more Central won out ower Willesden. When KX got gentrified I believe it moved south of the river, nivver went as I was nivver THAT desperate for a wet t shirt ogle.
I’d imagine a few have tried to recreate the format but all day opening took away the magic. I’ve heard none were ever as good as the first at The Greyhound as it was the only game in town at the time. Loada Sunderland builders were lodging upstairs in the greyhound the times I went in there.

Back